• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am very passionate about...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very passionate about...

...nothing really. I read all these startup stories of how their work is their passion, or how to align your passion with what you do and it doesn't feel like work.

I do the work I do cause it has a good rate and I am bloody good at it, but it's not really what I would want to do. I like to take pictures once in a while - but not to a point of anything to brag about, cycle every now and then but not to a point of crossing the country in a day, play some golf (no handicap).

I love to blow bubbles and see my 9 month daughter smile with her single tooth - can't really make money off that.

Just curious if you have found your passion and live the dream.

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
    ...nothing really. I read all these startup stories of how their work is their passion, or how to align your passion with what you do and it doesn't feel like work.

I do the work I do cause it has a good rate and I am bloody good at it, but it's not really what I would want to do. I like to take pictures once in a while - but not to a point of anything to brag about, cycle every now and then but not to a point of crossing the country in a day, play some golf (no handicap).

I love to blow bubbles and see my 9 month daughter smile with her single tooth - can't really make money off that.

I like hanging about in public toilets and cottaging sites at the side of the road. It doesn't pay the bills but I find it relieves the stress and I enjoy it.

FatLazyContractor
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post

I find that what these people really mean is

I am passionate therefore you should be passionate, work for more hours and less money than you could get elsewhere

To make me more money.

Comment

I've been contracting 30 years this year. Wine, women and fast cars have prolonged my working life somewhat longer than I originally anticipated.

I still get a decent wedge for doing what comes easily to me, the enthusiasm and ambition went a long time ago though.

I'm looking forward to quitting in a couple of years and never getting paid to sit at a keyboard again. I'm happiest tinkering with old cars and making stuff which is what I plan to do for the rest of my life.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I've been contracting 30 years this year. Wine, women and fast cars have prolonged my working life somewhat longer than I originally anticipated.

I still get a decent wedge for doing what comes easily to me, the enthusiasm and ambition went a long time ago though.

I'm looking forward to quitting in a couple of years and never getting paid to sit at a keyboard again. I'm happiest tinkering with old cars and making stuff which is what I plan to do for the rest of my life.
          So have you given up on women? Resorting to full blown in your retirement life?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I like hanging about in public toilets and cottaging sites at the side of the road. It doesn't pay the bills but I find it relieves the stress and I enjoy it.

FatLazyContractor
            You are so funny, fat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              So have you given up on women? Resorting to full blown in your retirement life?
              Very good. Looking forward to more wine, women and fast cars when I quit. Just don't tell the missus....
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Very good. Looking forward to more wine, women and fast cars when I quit. Just don't tell the missus....
                Ok, will not when I meet her tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                X