• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Williams & Glyn scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams & Glyn scrapped

Wow, That will put thousands of contractors on the bench !!!

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Wow, That will put thousands of contractors on the bench !!!
    Reason provided to FT - "IT Complications".

I did not know that Suity worked there

Comment

I wondered if that might happen post brexit

Comment

Fact or rumour?

Evidence - that's what's needed...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

I did not know that Suity worked there
          Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Fact or rumour?

Evidence - that's what's needed...
          Waiting to hear from Suity.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Waiting to hear from Suity.
            Story of your life.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Story of your life.
              -> Yours

Comment

Not quite what I was thinking

RBS also said it has scrapped plans to build an independent technology platform for its Williams & Glyn unit, citing complexity and the lower interest environment.

"The board concluded that the risks and costs inherent in the programme are such that it would not be prudent to continue with this programme," the bank said in the statement. "RBS will instead prioritise exploring alternative means to achieve divestment.
                RBS losses widen, unveils new plans to offload Williams & Glyn unit | Reuters

Comment

Flippin' heck, RBS don't half know how to spin it, don't they?

Splashed all over BBC but nowt in the official website... Interim Results 2016

They actually make it sound as if everything in the garden is rosy and Williams & Glyn is a mere figment of people's imagination.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe if they didn't use as many offshore suppliers and paid decent contract rates they would get people capable of delivering. Possibly the worst rates I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X