• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Darwinism at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Darwinism at work

Wandsworth Common death: Man killed 'leaning from train window' - BBC News

Yes, and the paramedics were called 'to attend a passebger with a head injury'.

The head being 2 miles down the line...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Unusual to be able to open train windows these days. I think some of the east coast mainline carriages have this still.

Comment

The torygraph are reporting he was looking out to see why the train wasn't going very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Unusual to be able to open train windows these days. I think some of the east coast mainline carriages have this still.
            If it's not a fast train then commuter trains in the SE have these windows you can pull open but you have to be a contortionist or have a small head to get through the gap.

I reckon he did the former hence his head being elsewhere...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They have said that he wasn't decapitated

Wandsworth Common death: Man dies 'leaning from train window' - BBC News

I did wonder how he got his head out a window.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                They should have let the myth continue.

Now all train operators are going to have to pay for expensive signs like they had on slam door trains.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  They have said that he wasn't decapitated

Wandsworth Common death: Man dies 'leaning from train window' - BBC News

I did wonder how he got his head out a window.
                  Witnesses on the train saying he was decapitated. Bit of a waste of time calling out the air ambulance, in that case. I mean they're good, BUT...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X