• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving through the 'hood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving through the 'hood.

"Hit and run collisions have doubled. Why are so many drivers not stopping after an accident?" :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6102520.stm

"Hit and runs are now an everyday occurrence - in London alone 80 people are left injured on the roads each week."

My local diversity officer has explained it's wrong for me to speculate why the highest incidence of this behaviour is in Hackney; and that I should respect that it just part of some people's culture.
    Last edited by NoddY; 2 November 2006, 11:56. Reason: typographical malfunction

Respect to dat.

Comment

Prison sentence should be mandatory in such cases - no excuses whatsoever to hit and drive off.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Prison sentence should be mandatory in such cases - no excuses whatsoever to hit and drive off.
        do you mean it should be mandatory to join the waiting list to enter a prision in such cases
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Build more prisons - I will happily pay increased taxes so long as they go directly to making sure that scumbags are locked up for good. Would not you?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Build more prisons - I will happily pay increased taxes so long as they go directly to making sure that scumbags are locked up for good. Would not you?
            I would rather pay more to have the prison service outsourced to Thailand. that would give the buggers something to think about!!!

Comment

This is unworkable as people should serve prison sentence in the country where crime was done.

Build more prisons somewhere in Scottish mountains - where it is cold and noone around, build BIG prisons there: make sure that anyone who tries to escape get double max small cell, and no this crap with cut down sentences - if you get 10 years then you serve 10 years, and you will out in 10 years only if you have good behavior, if not then you get 5 more years to think it over

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                This is unworkable as people should serve prison sentence in the country where crime was done.

Build more prisons somewhere in Scottish mountains - where it is cold and noone around...

Like the Gulag?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

Build more prisons somewhere in Scottish mountains - where it is cold and noone around, build BIG prisons there: make sure that anyone who tries to escape get double max small cell, and no this crap with cut down sentences - if you get 10 years then you serve 10 years, and you will out in 10 years only if you have good behavior, if not then you get 5 more years to think it over
                  Why spoil the Scottish countryside (when it's not obscured by fog, anyway) by filling it with prisons? I'm with Ardesco on this one, let's outsource prisons to India, using the Black Hole of Calcutta as a blueprint.
                  Suddenly offshoring does have it's potential benefits...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
                    Like the Gulag?
                    No, not like GULAG - in GULAG you could get shot by guards for just stepping away from the path, or just shot and claimed you tried to escape. You would also work 14 hours a day with tempreture -30C cutting trees, getting sh1t food, no phone calls home, no parcels, no lawyers, no nothing.

And to get in gULAG it was enough to have neighbour to write anonimously that you said bad thing about Great Leader, the whole idea is that the neighbour will get your better flat when you are taken away.

Comment

Working...
                    X