• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Cycle Carrier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Cycle Carrier

I am soon going to need to buy a cycle carrier for up to 4 cycles. I want one that attaches to the back of the car as opposed to the roof. I have looked at the ones in Halfords - can anyone advise if they are any good and/or recommend any others please ?

I have a Halfords one that carries 3 bikes. Highly recommended. Halfords fitted it first time. It goes on and off the car(and other cars) very easily.

Comment

Thanks - is this one that fits on and off the back of the car, or a trailer type carrier ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Thanks - is this one that fits on and off the back of the car, or a trailer type carrier ?
        On and off car. WE have a zafira

Well, naturally, that is just the family car. I have a Bentley. And so does my butler....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          On and off car. WE have a zafira

Well, naturally, that is just the family car. I have a Bentley. And so does my butler....
          Of yes of course.

I am looking for a trailer type carrier.

Comment

I got a Saris Bones one. Simple to use (I borrowed a Halfords one off a mate to try and fell out with it after about 40 minutes tw@ting about), but only holds 3 bikes. They do ones which attach to the towbar, if you have one of those?

Comment

I've got this one

Exodus 4 Bike Platform Cycle Carrie...

It weighs a flipping ton and is a right faff.

Comment

Something like this but not sure if any good ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  WE have a zafira

I've always wondered this. Does it say in the instructions that you HAVE to do something utterly unexpected if you find yourself in the presence of other drivers? Surely it must. The only other explanation i've been able to think of is that they're exclusively driven by complete and utter chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

I've always wondered this. Does it say in the instructions that you HAVE to do something utterly unexpected if you find yourself in the presence of other drivers? Surely it must. The only other explanation i've been able to think of is that they're exclusively driven by complete and utter chunts.
                    Keep it on track please all, as I am keen to sort this carrier problem out pdq

Comment

Working...
                    X