• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train Rage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train Rage!

Was on the usual hour long train this morning – it was 2 cars instead of the usual 4.

Pleasant journey – usual 2 minutes before we arrive some of us stand up and line up to the doorway.

Now, it was a busy train, most seats taken. There was a guy at the top by the door with a whole row to himself. Yet, he was elbows and arms into me being a pain and said I was boxing him in. I pointed out politely that I was just queuing in the aisle to get off so he rants again. I told him to have a coffee. He told me to read a book. I asked him for a suggestion – he used F’s and C word. Nice guy…. Anyway, as I was leaving I bid him a very nice day and suggested he may with to read the DI Nixon series as a way of enhancing his vocabulary. Not a word back….

What would Gricerboy have done?

Next time say nothing, but give him a cold hard stare. Do NOT break his gaze until he looks away.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There's hope yet for Cannon and Ball
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Did you not get your butler to do fisticuffs with him?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Next time say nothing, but give him a cold hard stare. Do NOT break his gaze until he looks away.
          Ah, you're reading Paddington Bear books now? Well done for progressing from Peter and Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

What would Gricerboy have done?
            ISTR he was part of some sinister, clandestine, guerilla rail enthusiast outfit who were wont to perform such delights as urinating over anyone who dared cross their path.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              There's hope yet for Cannon and Ball
              They used to write their own material, you know. Some of it was Cannon's, but most of it was Balls.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Ah, you're reading Paddington Bear books now? Well done for progressing from Peter and Jane
                Indeed - next time offer him some Marmalade sandwiches - very calming.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  They used to write their own material, you know. Some of it was Cannon's, but most of it was Balls.
                  They used to be in a band called The Shambolics. Sham left so they formed a duo.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    May i recommend something slightly different... Do *not* engage in any way. Ignore and carry on.

I find that people looking for trouble find it most frustrating when they don't get a response.

Comment

Working...
                    X