• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling All Scottish Residents!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling All Scottish Residents!

Mates step son (15) is looking to do some work experience in IT and has asked me if I know any contacts, he is based in Greenock which has a large IBM base IIRC, does anyone have a contact that I can put him in touch with.

I have done the obligatory don't get into IT, be a plumber instead but he has his mind made up
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

IBM? Not anymore....

HP in Erskine brought in a lot of people for some projects recently. They'd be better off trying there instead.
    In possession of faculties. Almost.

Comment

WHS.

IBM is a pile of rubble.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        WHS.

IBM is a pile of rubble.
        No, no. I've read the press releases and heard on Newsnight last week that IBM Watson "understands cancer" and will shortly save the world. Oh, and Internet of things gibberish. And blockchain.

Cloud revenue is about 3,000,000% up and not just because everything they sell now is classified as 'Cloud'

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          No, no. I've read the press releases and heard on Newsnight last week that IBM Watson "understands cancer" and will shortly save the world. Oh, and Internet of things gibberish. And blockchain.

Cloud revenue is about 3,000,000% up and not just because everything they sell now is classified as 'Cloud'
          The Greenock plant was originally a manufacturing facility and research lab. My first ever contract was in the prototype lab in 1994 (Anyone remember the Server 520 ?). Later it became a help desk type thing and they demolished the manufacturing modules. It's pretty much a flattened site now. At one time it employed half of the area.

SimonMac.....get him to try Steria.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Just in case anyone might be interested (present or ex IBM contractors) there's always a good read to be had on the Facebook group called 'Watching IBM' It has more doom than CUK

Comment

The amount of thievery from these plants was astronomical. Every fecker in Inverclyde was walking about with a Compaq laptop

Comment

Working...
              X