• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Waste of Time Bollox is more complex than you think

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Waste of Time Bollox is more complex than you think

https://flipchartfairytales.wordpres...is-is-serious/

TL;DR;

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      TL;DR;
      Aye, it's not for thickos, that's for certain.
      Let me summarise. Brexiters are not going to get what they want.
      HTH BIKIW.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Aye, it's not for thickos, that's for certain.
        Let me summarise. Brexiters are not going to get what they want.
        HTH BIKIW.
        fooks sake are you still here playing that record.

let it go man!

Comment

On the topic of positive thinking mentioned in the first few lines of the article, let me explain a way of thinking that may help you.

When dealing with a worry, an anxiety about a future outcome- always try and assign a probability to the event that you are worried about. My point is that if it's unlikely then don't worry about it. Secondly, make a plan for if the event does actually happen. And then, forget about it and live as though the most likely outcome will eventuate. Don't live as if the worst case scenario will happen. This is why people worry needlessly. It makes no sense, to live like that. The fear scenario most probably won't happen. So be positive, when you estimate that the odds are in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Badcounterparty View Post
            On the topic of positive thinking mentioned in the first few lines of the article, let me explain a way of thinking that may help you.

When dealing with a worry, an anxiety about a future outcome- always try and assign a probability to the event that you are worried about. My point is that if it's unlikely then don't worry about it. Secondly, make a plan for if the event does actually happen. And then, forget about it and live as though the most likely outcome will eventuate. Don't live as if the worst case scenario will happen. This is why people worry needlessly. It makes no sense, to live like that. The fear scenario most probably won't happen. So be positive, when you estimate that the odds are in your favour.
            I'm not worried about Brexit at all. I benefit from it in various ways.
            Just pointing out likely consequences and outcomes to those may have voted for it without thinking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

TL;DR;
              This diagram from the article sums up the extent to which the UK was imprisoned in the EU

The rest was mostly a load of waffle
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Badcounterparty View Post

The other thing to understand is that there are things which happen which you have no control over - again no point getting upset about them.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  The other thing to understand is that there are things which happen which you have no control over - again no point getting upset about them.
                  I'll hold you to that, when Brexit doesn't deliver

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    This diagram from the article sums up the extent to which the UK was imprisoned in the EU

The rest was mostly a load of waffle
                    Not sure how China, Japan and the USA cope. Very sad.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X