• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian scammers V Lenny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian scammers V Lenny

If you have ever received unsolicited telephone marketing/sales calls this may be of interest.

There is, apparently, an add on for the Asterisk VOIP PABX that allow you to configure an extension connected to a slightly hard of hearing, elderly, Australian gentleman with a tendency to ramble. Forwarding unsolicited calls to this extension can provide entertaining listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfK8Mry8bi0
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

If you've not tried the Truecaller app (both iOS and Android) then it's worth a look.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aller&hl=en_GB

Really great for filtering out SPAM callers and for identifying unknown callers.

Comment

Doesn't stop the calls but you can dip the agents (gets the agency but usually has the agent wrong such is the turn over in those sweatshops) and other annoying calls.

I'd like to find an (easy) way to cost the Indian Microsoft scammers real money. All I can do ATM is say 'No you're not' when they say they're calling from MS.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        Doesn't stop the calls but you can dip the agents (gets the agency but usually has the agent wrong such is the turn over in those sweatshops) and other annoying calls.

I'd like to find an (easy) way to cost the Indian Microsoft scammers real money. All I can do ATM is say 'No you're not' when they say they're calling from MS.
        I like to play along, I had 'Richard' from M$ the other day. He realised he was being had when I asked which computer he was talikng about out of my 20 machines (I included the virtuals) but 5 minutes he can't pester someone else for.

Maybe publishing a premium rate number?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Maybe publishing a premium rate number?
          Or...

"This is a bad line. Can you call me back on 0990 ... ?"
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

Kill your current phone numbers Land and mobile. Get new ones then attach 0891 / Premium rate numbers to those numbers and sign up to everything you can find using that number. Give the geographical numbers to your friends and family and use the premium rate for everything else. from that point on you get paid for every tulip call you get

Comment

might give that a go

Comment

Working...
              X