• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what do you invest in for the future now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what do you invest in for the future now?

Post Brexit, if you have a pension pot you're fooked, there's a massive pension crisis coming:

A Really Vicious Circle Is Threatening U.K. Pension Pots - Bloomberg

Cash? Fuggedabatit.

Gold? Fluctuates too much.

Property?
    Britain’s Housing Market Is Not Responding Well to Brexit: Chart - Bloomberg

Luckily I never trusted pensions, have a small SIPP with about 150K, so no big deal.
    Most of my investment was in UK property, 2 in the process of being sold, hope those go through.
    I then hope to invest that money in Portugal which is still about 30% off peak, medium term plan to retire there.

Luckily the missus is most probably on the Brexit gravy train and I'm guessing I won't be affected much by Brexit so the chance to accumulate is still there.
    How are you planning for the future?
    Last edited by CretinWatcher; 12 August 2016, 08:33.

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post

Luckily I never trusted pensions, have a small SIPP with about 150K, so no big deal.
    Most of my investment was in UK property, 2 in the process of being sold, hope those go through.
    I then hope to invest that money in Portugal which is still about 30% off peak, medium term plan to retire there.
    Are you moving in with Bee? We always knew you both were a match made in heaven.

I am planning to pimp fat British women in Poland and Russia. Them lads have a thing for such lasses.

Comment

I'm not bothering. I'm enjoying my mid-life crisis and spending it all on new cars and expensive, extended overseas holidays instead.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I'm not bothering. I'm enjoying my mid-life crisis and spending it all on new cars and expensive, extended overseas holidays instead.
        Well that's a given, we too
        Safari in Africa is next big one, thinking of Tanzania (Kenya having too many Al-Shawadiwadi terrorists).
        Cars I can take or leave, I won't be thinking about a car on my death bed

Comment

Post Brexit, if you have a pension pot you're fooked, there's a massive pension crisis coming:

Cash? Fuggedabatit.

Property?

Luckily the missus is most probably on the Brexit gravy train and I'm guessing I won't be affected much by Brexit so the chance to accumulate is still there.
          Zombie futures.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            ^ This.

You're no spring chicken AssCretin, if you haven't made your riches by now you never will. Luckily your wife is successful, unlike you, a dull unimaginative loser.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              ^ This.

You're no spring chicken AssCretin, if you haven't made your riches by now you never will. Luckily your wife is successful unlike you.
              Is she?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Zombie futures.
                Lots of money could be made on that market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  ^ This.

You're no spring chicken AssCretin, if you haven't made your riches by now you never will. Luckily your wife is successful, unlike you, a dull unimaginative loser.
                  Oh dear, green-eyed monster strikes again.
                  You should have got an education when you had the chance.
                  Low skilled people are doomed.

Comment

Cash? Fuggedabatit.

Property?

Don't know about your pension, but with the QE and rise in the market mine is at an all time high, having gone up by 30k in the last 8 weeks alone.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X