• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keyless Entry Car Hacking!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless Entry Car Hacking!

Keyless entry systems easily hacked.

Can't say I'm not surprised, I foresaw a similar thing with pin and chip, wireless pay etc.
    I know I used protective wallets for my cards in Asia, to stop them being scanned and never used contact less pay.

Doomed!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ked-volkswagen
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Can't say I'm not surprised, I foresaw a similar thing with pin and chip, wireless pay etc.
    I know I used protective wallets for my cards in Asia, to stop them being scanned and never used contact less pay.

Doomed!

Brexit will sort that out because you'll all be buying 10 year old cut and shuts exported from Poland.

Comment

If you own a

Audi
      Porsche
      VW
      BMW
      Volvo
      Range Rover / Landrover

You had better arrange some decent Gap insurance.

They are all at risk of theft as they are using roughly the same system. Some poor cow had her Evoke nicked the other week. They walked passed my Mercedes to steal it

Comment

By the way they don't even need to use the system that is mentioned in the article. They look at the VIN number on your windscreen and use a program to cut a key or in some cases use industry known methods to open the car (like the AA or RAC) then plug the laptop into the OBDII port and just start the car.

Cars have never been safe. In some ways its good that this works because years ago when the laser keys came out gangs of arsholes would kick your door in for the keys so this is far more preferable.

Comment

Doomed!

That's an old story - watchdog have been complaining about it for 2 years.

But does make me giggle every time I see such a hackable car.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Doomed!

And that new fangled stuff called fire is dodgy

And don't get me started on this whole 'wheel' fad it'll never catch on.

Comment

VW. Fix emissions tests then mess up the entry system.

Its what happens if you buy shoddy German cr4p. Buy British.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                VW. Fix emissions tests then mess up the entry system.

Its what happens if you buy shoddy German cr4p. Buy British.
                Yeah, cause the Princess and the Allegro were soooooo good.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Not to mention that crap V12 E type of the same era.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    If you own a

Audi
                    Porsche
                    VW
                    BMW
                    Volvo
                    Range Rover / Landrover

You had better arrange some decent Gap insurance.

They are all at risk of theft as they are using roughly the same system. Some poor cow had her Evoke nicked the other week. They walked passed my Mercedes to steal it
                    The Porsches I've driven use remote central locking rather than keyless entry; that said, the most recent was a 2014, so they may have changed it very recently.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X