• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Analysts

Is it just me or are most BA's a bunch of t*ts?

Lots of BA's are really testers who think that Business Analyst sounds better and haven't got an effing clue about Business processes....

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
      You are way above them if you know already how to use a forum. Most of them do not even know hot to follow up an email.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

how about not understanding what specs and requirements are?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Lots of BA's are really testers who think that Business Analyst sounds better and haven't got an effing clue about Business processes....
          I agree they are a t*ts, but no self respecting Test Analyst would want to be mistaken for one.
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

* makes mental note to self not to show this thread to the missus (BA/PM) if she's in a bad mood tonight *

Mordy in "rather attached to his testicles, and prefers to keep it that way" Mode
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              That would be very generous but I don't think they have any qualification. Most of BAs are people who skipped school, didn't do any job, were on welfare and so on. BA is what marketing used to be in the 90s. The fewer the skills, the fitter for the job. Ideally, no skill at all.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                * makes mental note to self not to show this thread to the missus (BA/PM) if she's in a bad mood tonight *

Mordy in "rather attached to his testicles, and prefers to keep it that way" Mode
                Lots of BA's tend to move into Project Management after a while.

So they were BA and then PM.

I usually term these people "Bloody Awful Project Managers"

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif
                  I agree they are a t*ts, but no self respecting Test Analyst would want to be mistaken for one.
                  You seem to be under the impression that there are lots of respectible test analysts in the contract market.....

Unfortunatly from my experiance there are some good testers out there (of course i am one of these ) and a load of crap ones who haven't a clue, can't adapt to new environments quickley and generally know nothing about IT (a fair few seem to be foreign) These are the people that like to call themselves BA's because they think that is the way to getting a better rate, unfortunatly they are mostly underqualified for flipping burgers, however they always get hired because they will work for £8-10/hour

</rant>

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
                    Well I'm a BA and a lot of people think i' a ***** so i'd say yes.

Bear in mind I do work in Logistics and BAs are different as we are more floor based and tend to stay away from the offices. Also the management structure in logistics is very small so tulipe people are found out very quickly and usually are the one one in the sector/site so they have no one to hide behind. In large offices that may not be the case.

Needless to say ost warehouse people are not politicans and dont mind telling you when you are doing a rubbish job.

It all depends on the person. I'm failry good at what I do but i have also worked with some analysts that are thick as pig poop, they werent in the logistics trade.
                    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 2 November 2006, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                    X