• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPP Madness

I put £130k in a SIPP towards the end of last year. It went down £8000 not long after that.

I looked today - because they'd sent me a message about needing cash for fees - and I saw it had gone up to £150,000 !!

That's - rough figures - 20% pa.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I put £130k in a SIPP towards the end of last year. It went down £8000 not long after that.

I looked today - because they'd sent me a message about needing cash for fees - and I saw it had gone up to £150,000 !!

That's - rough figures - 20% pa.

Ditto mine. Up about 20K since Brexit. It's doom, I tell ya.

Comment

Same here. I can't say as I understand why but I'm not complaining.

Comment

Any of you care to share what your SIPP is invested in? A fund or specific companies?

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
          I have no doubt CW and OG will be along soon to explain this anomaly, and to assure us all that it is just a temporary blip and carnage will shortly ensue once more.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I have no doubt CW and OG will be along soon to explain this anomaly, and to assure us all that it is just a temporary blip and carnage will shortly ensue once more.

They won't. Because it is common sense (not something you have).

Ever wondered why we have middle fingers? Thanks to turds like you

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Ever wondered why we have middle fingers? Thanks to turds like you
              Even in Yorkshire I believe the norm is now to use toilet paper. But if you still prefer using your finger that is up to you I guess. You never really were ahead of the curve in very much.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
                I suspect the low GBP/USD exchange rate since the referendum vote has made UK listed shares a bit of a bargain from a dollar point of view, upping demand and therefore the share prices are lifted - improving the values of SIPPs with investment in FTSE100 companies.

(The FTSE100 is up from 5,700 in February, or about 6,100 around the time of the referendum, to around 7000 this morning).

#Doom.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
                  Any of you care to share what your SIPP is invested in? A fund or specific companies?
                  All individual shares, no funds

AV
                  AZN
                  BA
                  BBY
                  BDEV
                  BP
                  BATS
                  BLND
                  CNA
                  CLIG
                  DLAR
                  FPO
                  GSK
                  IMT
                  KCOM
                  LLOY
                  MARS
                  MRW
                  NG
                  PAF
                  PSN
                  PLUS
                  PFL
                  RIO
                  RDSB
                  RMG
                  SSE
                  TSCO
                  ULVR
                  VOD

Not all winners, but some great ones to balance out the losers, this year dividend yield is estimated to be 6.94% (BBY and TSCO have stopped paying dividends but the rest all yield an avg 4.88% over the life of the SIPP), value is projected to be up 19.58% at year end and I have doubled my money since 2012 when I transfered my old company pension into it, no point selling losing positions as its money I have already lost, eventually it will turn to profit even if its over 20 years.

Think long term, think about companies you know about and don't tweak and only an idiot will not make money (and those usually buy Glencore on a fad anyway)
                  Last edited by SimonMac; 15 August 2016, 07:57.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    I suspect the low GBP/USD exchange rate since the referendum vote has made UK listed shares a bit of a bargain from a dollar point of view, upping demand and therefore the share prices are lifted - improving the values of SIPPs with investment in FTSE100 companies.

(The FTSE100 is up from 5,700 in February, or about 6,100 around the time of the referendum, to around 7000 this morning).

#Doom.
                    FTSE100 is multinational, so most of the companies have got a boon from the low pound/high doller in their earnings, FTSE250 is more UK based so more reflective of post Brexit fear/optimism
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X