• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Doom

Prices of UK homes for sale see biggest fall in 9 months in August - Rightmove | Reuters

Oh my god! The price of a home getting cheaper!

Doom, we can buy a bigger house for less money, who wants that FFS! Lower monthly cost for more house, with more space and more land.

I blame Brexit.

Looks like Reuters is as determined as the BBC to winkle out every scrap of "bad" news and, however spuriously, blame it on Brexit.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The first economic data post Brexit is coming out this week: inflation, unemployment and spending.
      I expect all 3 to go up, the latter because people don't know what's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Prices of UK homes for sale see biggest fall in 9 months in August - Rightmove | Reuters

Oh my god! The price of a home getting cheaper!

Doom, we can buy a bigger house for less money, who wants that FFS! Lower monthly cost for more house, with more space and more land.

I blame Brexit.
        I do admire your infinite capacity to see the bright side in signs of economic weakness. And you're quite right - cheaper housing is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I do admire your infinite capacity to see the bright side in signs of economic weakness. And you're quite right - cheaper housing is a good thing.
          Entirely a good thing. More of the same please.

Comment

Opportunities to short the pound as it continues to slide:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Opportunities to short the pound as it continues to slide:

That is indeed a good money-making opportunity ...I suspect it will fall further after the economic data is released.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It's great. All those people whose mortgages are bigger than the value of their house face repossession (since they've now borrowed more than 80% or whatever the deal was), so there will be more houses available and house prices will drop further.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  It's great. All those people whose mortgages are bigger than the value of their house face repossession (since they've now borrowed more than 80% or whatever the deal was), so there will be more houses available and house prices will drop further.
                  Are you saying that banks 'call in' mortgages on homeowners in negative equity? Never heard of that one before and surely self-defeating for the banks?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Entirely a good thing. More of the same please.
                    Obviously the underlying weakness and uncertainty is not at all a good thing, but one must see the silver linings.

Comment

Working...
                    X