• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember that spoof tax form "How much do you earn? Send it"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that spoof tax form "How much do you earn? Send it"

Well the Greeks are taking it a stage further: "How much do you own? Hand it over"

2016-08-15 Wealth Tax Looms As Greeks Forced To Declare All 'Assets' To Tax Authority

We in the UK can scoff. But something similar would very likely happen here if Corbyn won the next election.

(unlikely I know, but not nearly as unlikely as some people seem to think)

The Greek finance ministry confirmed some more details of the long-planned registration of all kinds of private wealth that will go into effect in February 2017. As KeepTalkingGreece reports, more than 8,500,000 tax payers registered in Greece will be called to declare all moveable and immovable assets, their total “wealth”, and even cash they possess even if it is below 100 euro. Furthermore, the taxpayers will have to register changes in their assets when they occur and not annually...
    If I was in the unenviable position of a Greek taxpayer, I would separately itemise absolutely everything I own, down to invdividual books, cutlery and flower pots, etc, etc, and send in a 500 page list, and keep updating it with every trivial thing, including food items that I bought.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

How to bankrupt a country. Again.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
    X