• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian agents

Ironic isn't it? Just got a call from an Indian agent (the ones that have People working with Computers), could hardly make out what he was saying, asked me questions about my customer and my rate straight away (not interested in availability, my CV etc) and then sends me an email with the signature stating he is in SW1. Yeah right, so now they've got Indian Callcenter personnel calling us to hear us out about our customers and rates, so they can offer some Bangalore brothers to come in for half the price..?
    Last edited by XperTest; 2 November 2006, 17:11.

Originally posted by XperTest
    Ironic isn't it? Just got a call from an Indian agent (the ones that have People working with Computers), could hardly make out what he was saying, asked me questions about my customer and my rate straight away (not interested in availabity, my CV etc) and then sends me an email with the signature stating he is in SW1. Yeah right, so now they've got Indian Callcenter personnel calling us to hear us out about our customers and rates, so they can offer some Bangalore brothers to come in for half the price..?
    When you can't compete on price, compete on quality.

Comment

It's been happening for a while... first happened to me about 2 years ago.

The address in SW1 is probably just a mail forwarding address...

A bit like Lakshmi Mittal's company having a 'significant UK presence' - two secretaries and a part time cleaning lady, yet he gets tony blair to officially back him in his destruction of whatever remaining steel industry we had.

Or all the indian companies that set up 'offices' in Wales, to get grants from the Welsh Development Agency, who in turn had got the money from the EU to stimulate the Welsh economy, so indrectly, from UK tax payers. Only for it to be spent on lovely trips to Mumbai to encourage bodyshoppers to take away UK jobs with tax breaks and bungs.

And why we we still having raving 'International Development Minsiters' shipping cash to feed india's poor, while india builds nuclear weapons, a space program, and trains people to take UK work.

Who can blame them, the UK hands out freebies all over the world.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by XperTest
        Ironic isn't it? Just got a call from an Indian agent (the ones that have People working with Computers), could hardly make out what he was saying, asked me questions about my customer and my rate straight away (not interested in availability, my CV etc)
        I got a call from an Indian agent on Tuesday. He asked if it was a good time to call, so I said that depended on what he was calling about. Instead of telling me what he was calling about, he asked if he could have 10 minutes of my time. I'm afraid that I had to tell him No, he couldn't.

Comment

Register a premium rate number and ask them to call you back on that, and say that you have plenty of time to talk about the market. Then ask about Coronation Street, have a natter about football....
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

That's brilliant !

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              Register a premium rate number and ask them to call you back on that, and say that you have plenty of time to talk about the market. Then ask about Coronation Street, have a natter about football....

I have heard this before. Maybe on here.

http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/lin...ng/valuecall09

You keep approximately 40% of the revenue from this number.

Geez ... didn't think BT made such a whack themselves.

Need to register with Icstis and go through an approval process.

http://www.icstis.org.uk/service_pro...es/default.asp

I guess this would be deemed as a 1-2-1 chat service.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Doesn't pay as much cash, but no need to get yourself approved:

http://www.three.co.uk/priceplans/PAYGwepay.omp

I just got a freebie pay-as-you-go SIM for my old phone, so I think that number might just be going on my CV from now on
                Last edited by hattra; 2 November 2006, 22:49.
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Well, might as well get your moneys worth out of them... providers of 'Technical Support' are amongst the groups who could arrange premium rate numbers (£1.50 a minute)... if you have your own limited company, you should qualify.. state that customers may sign support contracts and that phone based support may be part of any future contract.

If I was cynical... I would then suggest putting that number on multiple CVs that are then distributed on Jobserve... even when they leave an answering machine message you'll make a small amount of cash each time.

Perhaps this is a natural response to fake job adverts...?
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

One of them called me at ten to 9 on Sunday morning.

Fortunately, as I was still on BST, I was up.

Couldn't understand a word that she said without asking her to repeat it three times, so got her to send me an email.

As usual: Dear Timothy ..... please send us a new CV. I only sent them one in June, wtf do they expect to be different?

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X