• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sue for unfair parking charges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sue for unfair parking charges?

So i paid dart charge back in Feb. Today I've received a letter from feckers demanding 70£ for not paying it. It's not the first time councils trying their chances like that (got a letter with penalty for a place with free parking, succesfully appealed). Is there anything to do to rub their noses like sue for 100k or so?

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    So i paid dart charge back in Feb. Today I've received a letter from feckers demanding 70£ for not paying it. It's not the first time councils trying their chances like that (got a letter with penalty for a place with free parking, succesfully appealed). Is there anything to do to rub their noses like sue for 100k or so?
    Deal with the issue. Then send a bill for administration costs for 2 hours at £50 an hour.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Deal with the issue. Then send a bill for administration costs for 2 hours at £50 an hour.....
      what about stress and suffering?
      Jonathan Dickson demands £2.5k compensation from council for 'stress and suffering' of unfair parking ticket - Mirror Online

Comment

TL;DR - did he win?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I recall seeing something in papers a few months ago about admin problems with DART. Have a google.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
            I recall seeing something in papers a few months ago about admin problems with DART. Have a google.

DA
            Not my fecking problem? Seriously we need a way to fight with such cowboys. Nobody has ever seen a refund by mistake.

Comment

Mr Mustard is your friend
              Last edited by The Plantswoman; 16 August 2016, 10:01.

Comment

These guys enjoy a good banter about such things:

Pepipoo

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  Not my fecking problem? Seriously we need a way to fight with such cowboys. Nobody has ever seen a refund by mistake.
                  Have you tried asking someone WGAS?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd rather that we were able to sue companies who cold call us despite being on the TPS register.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X