• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold in Scotland?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold in Scotland?

Sample Yahoo weather forecasts for Saturday:

Plymouth Max 11 Min 5
    Kyle of Lochalsh Max 12 Min 10

London 11 3
    Inverness 11 8

Bristol 9 0
    Wick 10 8

Pardon me if we're not allowed to post the same thing more than once.

It's not too bad up here - yet... was a a bit nippy yesterday but I haven't had the heating on once so far. Got the winter coats handy though as it tends to suddenly change....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

When I lived in Aberdeen I didn't think it was that cold. When we lived on top of the Pennines that was cold!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        When I lived in Aberdeen I didn't think it was that cold. When we lived on top of the Pennines that was cold!
        Well, the rest of the Scots think that Aberdeen is cold (and ugly with its famed granite buildings just looking like breeze-block) but indeed, on top of the Pennines you're definitely in open country. No surprise that the best mountain clothing comes from there.

But actually I was just going off on the hopeless hobby of trying to get AtW to respond to something that proves him wrong.....

Comment

I am not an expert on anything Scottish, the only thing I know for sure is that girls from Glasgow universally hate me.

HTH

Comment

They hate everyone Alexei, until they have had some Buckfast or Baccardi Breezers, then they will either mug you or sexually assault you. And that is taken to be a sign of affection.....
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              They hate everyone Alexei, until they have had some Buckfast or Baccardi Breezers, then they will either mug you or sexually assault you. And that is taken to be a sign of affection.....
              Second that.

Comment

And if they throw up on their white stilletoes that means you're in !

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  they will either mug you or sexually assault you.

Comment

Working...
                  X