• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancer, how we die from it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer, how we die from it.

Worth a read. I for one would rather be informed.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...e_iOSApp_Other
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

tl;dr cells grow where they shouldn't, stopping vital organs from working properly.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh, thanks for that.

What a ray of sunshine you are!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        And you think reading the Grauniad will do that do you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...e_iOSApp_Other
          That would be a fecking first, well done
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            tl;dr cells grow where they shouldn't, stopping vital organs from working properly.
            In a nutshell. Wish the taboo did not exist. The say the big C instead of cancer in our family.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Crikey what a negative piece. The emphasis should be (in general) the advice you're given when you or a loved one is diagnosed. They will never give you a 'you're clear' or 'you're going to die' diagnosis (even after treatment). They give you the %'ages and it's up to you to decide which way you go. If you've 'done' the chemo trip once you're a lot less likely to go there again unless you are given assurances as to it's efficacy (and trust me if you are on the NHS the first time you will have been given the cheapest and most crude version, the second they will move mountains to get you the best available).

If you are currently effect by all of this this the best advice I can give you is to take every day as it comes. There will be bad days and there will be good ones.

Comment

In a nutshell. Wish the taboo did not exist. The say the big C instead of cancer in our family.
                That's a coincidence we call you the big C, on here, too
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  (and trust me if you are on the NHS the first time you will have been given the cheapest and most crude version, the second they will move mountains to get you the best available).
                  I would disagree, when first diagnosed I was offered a type of Oral Chemo that is probably one of the most expensive (c£4k /mth)

It was my choice to try other options, due to the possible side effects of the Revlamid, when they did not work I then asked for the Revlamid, happily the side effects have all been manageable to date.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    trust me if you are on the NHS the first time you will have been given the cheapest and most crude version, the second they will move mountains to get you the best available
                    What are your views on private treatment in respect of this? Will you be given the best drugs first time around?

Comment

Working...
                    X