• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dropped a Russian clanger....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped a Russian clanger....

Off to Kiev for family meet up (not mine) folks going from Russia and us in UK meeting there. Neither Brits nor Russkies particularly welcome there at the moment but Brits marginally ahead on acceptability. Russians now have have international passports to travel there now....

Russian arm asked me what I would like them to bring for the obligatory tulip-present exchanging and I jokingly said 'Putin's head on a plate', let's say not being a massive fan and thinking John the Baptist....

No response for a while, then, 'ok......, can do, no problem' with a 'why does he want that?' type feeling...

They've only got me a fuk'n commemorative plate with a picture of Putin on it.

AtW, you want it?

Brits are welcome in Kiev, Russians - no

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So you want the fuk'n plate or not lol!!

Comment

It's no place for chickens....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I asked around, was told we get lumped in with US Maidan meddling which is probably true....

Not sure i can go now anyway so fuk the plate....

Comment

Gift some money to Azov whilst you there

Comment

As a regular visitor to Kyiv, I can tell you there are lot of anti Putin memorabilia available at the tourist markets.
              for example this toilet paper:

the text on it says Putin D*ckhead, it became a popular song on Ukraine chanted at football matches etc after a Ukrianian cabinet minister called Putin exactly that.

Your Russian friends should keep a low profile as they are not exactly popular anymore in Kyiv
              Last edited by Eirikur; 22 August 2016, 08:33.

Comment

PS Call Kiev Kyiv as Kiev is the Russian name, again not very popular under locals to hear the name of their city pronounced in the version of their former Soviet oppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  PS Call Kiev Kyiv as Kiev is the Russian name, again not very popular under locals to hear the name of their city pronounced in the version of their former Soviet oppressors.
                  I would do but it's bit like Bombay/Mumbai to Russians I suppose, do it to annoy/get throat cut.

I used to wind up the Sri Lankan lads at previous clientco by using the colonialist proper noun 'Ceylon'...

Comment

Keep the plate its a great story. I joked I wanted Putin's head on a plate the silly Russians gave me this
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X