• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Grocery Shopping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Grocery Shopping

Way behind the times here - did my first ever online shop this weekend.

First thoughts - not impressed. I do a weekly shop & expect perishables to last all week not go out of date within 2 days of purchase.

I loathe supermarket shopping with a passion but it looks like I'll be back to trudging round the aisles again next week so I can pick the things hidden at the back of the shelf that aren't going to grow a fur coat within 24 hours of getting them home!
    Last edited by The Plantswoman; 22 August 2016, 06:30.

Thanks for that.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

An old but relevant article here in the DM.

I guess the way to do it is get all your staples & non perishables online & then visit a farm shop or similar for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
        Way behind the times here - did my first ever online shop this weekend.

First thoughts - not impressed. I do a weekly shop & expect perishables to last all week not go out of date within 2 days of purchase.

I loathe supermarket shopping with a passion but it looks like I'll be back to trudging round the aisles again next week so I can pick the things hidden at the back of the shelf that aren't going to grow a fur coat within 24 hours of getting them home!
        I enjoy popping to the supermarket in my way home from work to pick up a few fresh things to make that evenings tea and stocking up on other perishables.

What do you hate about it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I enjoy popping to the supermarket in my way home from work to pick up a few fresh things to make that evenings tea and stocking up on other perishables.

What do you hate about it so much.
          The queues
          The crowds.
          Pushing an unwieldy trolley around.
          Lugging the shopping back to the car
          Parking.

I could go on....

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Thanks for that.
            Anything to get this sockie's post count up...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
              The queues
              The crowds.
              Pushing an unwieldy trolley around.
              Lugging the shopping back to the car
              Parking.

I could go on....
              Interesting that is not what my supermarket looks like at 7 ish on a weekday evening.

Do you live in chavsville?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Interesting that is not what my supermarket looks like at 7 ish on a weekday evening.

Do you live in chavsville?
                I think you will find the OP is a permanent resident of the sock drawer
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                X