• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to sell Kitchen / Wardrobes / Conservatory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to sell Kitchen / Wardrobes / Conservatory?

got a house we're yet to move into that has a good quality kitchen with Aga / wardrobes and even a conversatory

we're going to be refurbing and replacing the lot so going to sell these to raise some extra cash.

i've taken all the pictures and written out the spec's before posting to the likes of Gumtree / ebay and dealing with tyre kickers, i'm wondering if there are any companies that will do a house clearance as a job lot - even if it means i get a couple hundred quid less

i'm midlands based if that helps

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    got a house we're yet to move into that has a good quality kitchen with Aga / wardrobes and even a conversatory

we're going to be refurbing and replacing the lot so going to sell these to raise some extra cash.

i've taken all the pictures and written out the spec's before posting to the likes of Gumtree / ebay and dealing with tyre kickers, i'm wondering if there are any companies that will do a house clearance as a job lot - even if it means i get a couple hundred quid less

the actual worth of those items to most people is a big fat zero - and to be blunt most clearance firms will try to charge you to take the stuff away..

An aga may be worth a couple of hundred if you are lucky but don't bet on it...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      the actual worth of those items to most people is a big fat zero - and to be blunt most clearance firms will try to charge you to take the stuff away..

An aga may be worth a couple of hundred if you are lucky but don't bet on it...
      fear you maybe right

ta

Comment

These folks may be able to help:

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
          These folks may be able to help:
          i'll use those guys for the driveway

Comment

Keep the Aga and incorporate it into your new kitchen. Get a moveable hot plate until you have worked out how to use it.

The rest is worthless when it's not attached to the house. Sellers are always surprised that their second hand house effects are worth SFA.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Keep the Aga and incorporate it into your new kitchen. Get a moveable hot plate until you have worked out how to use it.

The rest is worthless when it's not attached to the house. Sellers are always surprised that their second hand house effects are worth SFA.
              hmmm but the Aga isn't wifi enabled

Comment

I've PMed you regarding the Aga (and the kitchen cabinets)

Cheers
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Not everything in a kitchen needs to be high tech and it shouldn't be especially if it's fitted. Otherwise you will have to rip it out in 2-5 years due to being obsolete.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On one occasion when I was moving house, I didn't bother putting separate for sale ads in the paper just advertised a house clearance on one afternoon, come and make an offer. I was surprised by what we were able to get rid of/what people were willing to pay for.... well they didn't have to pay very much but as all of it would have gone to the tip anyway it was worth it. A lot of it went to Landlords of student accommodation. They took old an microwave, wobbly dining table, wardrobes.... all kinds of junk.

Comment

Working...
                    X