• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Phone Book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Phone Book

I had "The Phone Book" delivered (or left on my porch) yesterday, I didn't know this was still a thing.

There is still a section full of residential numbers in it, why would you want to be listed, is that not asking to be spammed/scammed?

Not like it used to be the huge weighty tome, scanning the listing for a number of the girl you fancied in English class, the sheer delight to find it listed. The nervous excitement of the time consuming dialing...

Then to hang up when her dad answered it.

Don't know yer born you young 'uns!

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

If I couldn't find Tracy Gumblewaites number in the phone book, I just had to arrive at the bike shed before the other boys next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I had "The Phone Book" delivered (or left on my porch) yesterday, I didn't know this was still a thing.
      If you don't want it, AtW is collecting them....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If I couldn't find Tracy Gumblewaites number in the phone book, I just had to arrive at the bike shed before the other boys next morning.
        Hopefully you don't have anything else, more long lasting, to remember her by, i.e the wrong kind of souvenir
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          If you don't want it, AtW is collecting them....
          Lush flat though, innit
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X