• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Romanians do it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romanians do it

Can't wait for Romanians to start working here. Imagine a Romanian worker being told to do something: he'd probably reply "I do" which in Romanian is "fac eu"....

Wow expat I see that you are so interested in learning the Romanian language. Super news pal, maybe I can give you some lessons in private...
    As a first light lesson, take for example the similarities between English and Romanian, such as "stupid" which has the same meaning in both languages. By comparative linguistic analysis we can conclude that this immortal attribute of the human being remains the same no matter your "fuk eu" status...
    On a slightly more complicated approach, I can give you some basic limericks around your already known words. So your "fac eu" example should be expanded towards the more comprehensive "vreau eu" which stands for "I wish". Take into account that in Romanian many words are spelled in reverse, for example EU for European Union is in fact UE in Romanian, as in "Uniunea Europeana". So our words become "vreau ue"; but we have two vocals in between, so in slang we should say "vreau (m)ue" as the Romanian translation for "I wish". Please apply this very first lesson next time when you met a Romanian.

Your friend,

The Romanian Viktor
    The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      reply "I do" which in Romanian is "fac eu"....
      Do you have a problem with her saying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
        [...]

Your friend,

The Romanian Viktor
        It's quite amazing also how similar romanian is to italian. Many romanians learn italian in days, and most of them they speak like a native speaker in matter of months. For an italian to speak romanian is more difficult mainly for the structure of the pronounciation. However, even without any knowledge I can still read and get the basic meaning of a paragraph.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          It's quite amazing also how similar romanian is to italian. Many romanians learn italian in days
          Si, amico mio...I've noticed this when I went to Rome last year, four days and I was half Italian

Bella Italia remains my favourite country, I wonder sometimes why I live now in a country which is quite the opposite...

Vittorio...
          The rest is silence...

Comment

Si, amico mio...I've noticed this when I went to Rome last year, four days and I was half Italian

Bella Italia remains my favourite country, I wonder sometimes why I live now in a country which is quite the opposite...

Vittorio...
            The last time I heard the Ports & Airports were still open, so get yourself down to Heathrow & fek off to wherever it is you'll feel more comfortable

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              The last time I heard the Ports & Airports were still open, so get yourself down to Heathrow & fek off to wherever it is you'll feel more comfortable

HTH
              *applause*
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

HTH
                Monkey and Troll. Some knowledge of the facts doesn't necessarily hurt sometimes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/immigratio...933726,00.html
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

HTH
                  So why is it that year after year so many Brits go to Heathrow & fek off to wherever they feel more comfortable?
                  The rest is silence...

Comment

So why is it that year after year so many Brits go to Heathrow & fek off to wherever they feel more comfortable?
                    Perhaps they prefer living somewhere where they speak a language they understand . . . .

Like French or Italian ......
                    Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Working...
                    X