• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nick Ferrari having a go at the TUC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Ferrari having a go at the TUC

Immigration To Blame For Extreme Debt, Blasts Nick | LBC

A report from the TUC claims that more than 1.5million families are in extreme debt in Britain, paying nearly half of their household income in repayments

Kam Gill, the Economics Spokesperson at the TUC, told LBC: "In 2007, rather than a growth in unemployment, what we saw was workers willing to take a cut in their wages or reduced hours.

"Since that point, while employment has stayed strong, wages have not grown at anything like the rate that employment has."

But when he admitted that the report didn't look at if the influx of people moving to Britain from overseas, Nick blasted: "You put out this report: 'Britain In The Red' along with Unison and say we're all doomed, hardly anyone's got enough money to pay the gas bill and children won't have any shoes on their feet.

"Then you just blithely ignore what many people see as one of the driving factors. Aren't you letting your members down?"

"Is it because it's an inconvenient truth?"
    video on site, he really tears into him.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Bliar said multiculturalism and immense immigration would enrich all our lives. Then all the idiots voted for it.

Now they are paying with long hours and low pay to compete.

Comment

Another brain-fart from vetran.

Japan has next to no immigration at all but has the same effect.

Japan, Land of the Falling Wage - Bloomberg

It's a phenomenon throughout the industrialised world, due to increased automation and competition from cheap labour in Asia
      Only the cognitive elite get paid well now. That will not change ever.

You could expel all immigrants tomorrow and wages would not rise in the long run.

HTH, BIKIW.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Only the cognitive elite get paid well now. .
        How's the min wage job going?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          How's the min wage job going?
          I'm more than happy with my daily rate, thanks.
          And the shortage of skills is such, it seems to be going up on a daily basis, so much so that the ultra long contracts that are the norm in this industry are not worth taking

Comment

And the shortage of skills is such, it seems to be going up on a daily basis, so much so that the ultra long contracts that are the norm in this industry are not worth taking
            Fries & Pickles!!!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Look, I'm not talking about the house keeping money the Mrs pays you to do the chores, I'm talking about real mans work.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Look, I'm not talking about the house keeping money the Mrs pays you to do the chores, I'm talking about real mans work.
                Wouldn't mind being a kept man actually. But school fees are the killer, so no chance of that unless a scholarship is in the bag in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Immigration To Blame For Extreme Debt, Blasts Nick | LBC

Yes, it really is the elephant in the room.

I like Ferrari. Tells it like it is.

video on site, he really tears into him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post

Private landlords double housing benefit haul to £9.3bn - BBC News

Immigration makes us all richer!

Well, the BTL brigade it makes A LOT richer. All those lovely foreign tenants claimining their rent off the taxpayer...

Comment

Working...
                    X