• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Somewhat heartwarming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat heartwarming

Gig I was put forward 2 months ago, data migration - absolute shoe in for it.
    Agent puts me forward, then comes back to me for rate. I Know, schoolboy error on both parts... I give rate.

Last I hear of it.....

Until today from the same agent. "The same role has gone live"

Or "Data migration is a pigs ear and they need another patsy and are now prepared to pay a bit more".

You can't even PM me for details as the pimp is one of those that doesn't send contact details.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

You can't even PM me for details as the pimp is one of those that doesn't send contact details.
    What? No address? No company name? No agent name? How does he contact you - whispers in an underground carpark on your way back from shopping?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ouija board, carrier pigeon, message stuck behind radiator?

https://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ
      Last edited by Lockhouse; 26 August 2016, 07:52.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Ouija board, carrier pigeon, message stuck behind radiator?

https://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ
        Fantasy island. Boss the plane, the plane.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Something akin to the Bat Signal, but projecting a tulip rather than a bat?
          Last edited by SlipTheJab; 26 August 2016, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Something akin to the Bat Signal, but projecting tulip a rather than a bat?
            First we had Brexit, now The Shignal
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I thought this was going to be a heartwarming story involving a dog.

There was one in the Times this morning but I can't link to it

It involves a Scottish ultra marathon runner who was joined by a stray dog whilst running in China & he stuck with him right through to the end.

He vowed to take the dog back to the uk & left him with a Chinese friend until he returned back from the uk with all the paperwork etc.

Dog goes then missing & our runner assumes he's ended up in no. 35 at the local chop suey house.

Dog turns up some weeks later in a local park & the pair are reunited & are now together in Edinburgh.

That's heartwarming.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
                I thought this was going to be a heartwarming story involving a dog.

There was one in the Times this morning but I can't link to it

It involves a Scottish ultra marathon runner who was joined by a stray dog whilst running in China & he stuck with him right through to the end.

He vowed to take the dog back to the uk & left him with a Chinese friend until he returned back from the uk with all the paperwork etc.

Dog goes then missing & our runner assumes he's ended up in no. 35 at the local chop suey house.

Dog turns up some weeks later in a local park & the pair are reunited & are now together in Edinburgh.

That's heartwarming.
                Morning Malcolm, great story!

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  Morning Malcolm, great story!
                  Especially because around the dog's neck was a message offering 6 months .NET at £800 per day.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It's even on the bbc. Finding Gobi: Runner reunited with marathon companion dog - BBC News
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X