• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The cccciirrrrcllleee of liiiifffffeeeeee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cccciirrrrcllleee of liiiifffffeeeeee

Feeling reflective, in May this year I watched my son being born and entering the world, on Sunday evening I watched my granddad on his death bed take his last breath and leave this world . Never really thought about life or death till now but after seeing it I can't stop thinking about it grrrr

I keep telling myself now do what you want and what makes you happy, if only it was legal

Brain is like a computer, once it stops working, the conscious simply doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Brain is like a computer, once it stops working, the conscious simply doesn't exist anymore.
      Yet you retain sufficient spinal cord neural networks for your fingers to type garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Yet you retain sufficient spinal cord neural networks for your fingers to type garbage.
        OK god and soul and all this crap . Believe what you want

Comment

OK god and soul and all this crap . Believe what you want
          QED.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post

I keep telling myself now do what you want and what makes you happy, if only it was legal
            Sounds like you are saying that what you (personally) want and makes you happy is not legal. Oh dear.

Still, who am I to talk. Sometimes I want to do 35 in a 30 MPH zone, and that makes me happy!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              QED.
              what?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Sounds like you are saying that what you (personally) want and makes you happy is not legal. Oh dear.

Still, who am I to talk. Sometimes I want the government to trigger Article 50 without a vote by the Parliament whose sovereignty I want restored.
                FTFY

Comment

Congratulations on the birth of your son and sorry to hear of your loss. Well done for being there at the end for him, it is something else to see a loved one pass away and will take some time to get over. In fact I don't think you do get over it, being that bit more aware about the realities of life is no bad thing though. Having the two experiences in the same year is pretty good going. Fingers crossed that will do you for a while - although they do say these things come in threes...

Comment

Bollox. Even when a computer is fully functional it has no consciousness.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X