• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lack of motivation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of motivation

Just started to dust off the old CV & taken a quick look at Jobserve for gigs within 10 miles of my house and above 400 per day

52 come up, 8 I could apply for immediately & five of those I reckon I'd guarantee getting an interview for. These are all BA/BI/Architect positions working in either utilities, pensions or property.

As my interview to offer rating is so high, I reckon I'd definitely have an offer of 4 if not all 5.

And I can't be bothered. They're probably all quite interesting little projects 3-6 months on their own, but I just can't be bothered.

So if Money is no longer the motivation, how will I get motivated to bother to do something.

Any ideas?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Open a tat shop instead?

Comment

Think of your wife and children. They don't want to put up with you round the house.

Comment

If you don't need the money and don't want to do the work .... then why bother doing it?

If you need the money then Mr Motivator will turn up sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Just started to dust off the old CV & taken a quick look at Jobserve for gigs within 10 miles of my house and above 400 per day

52 come up, 8 I could apply for immediately & five of those I reckon I'd guarantee getting an interview for. These are all BA/BI/Architect positions working in either utilities, pensions or property.

As my interview to offer rating is so high, I reckon I'd definitely have an offer of 4 if not all 5.

And I can't be bothered. They're probably all quite interesting little projects 3-6 months on their own, but I just can't be bothered.

So if Money is no longer the motivation, how will I get motivated to bother to do something.

Any ideas?

Thought a man of your standing would only be searching for roles paying £800 PD +

And thanks for the -ve rep too, you fat chunt
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Think of your wife and children. They don't want to put up with you round the house.
            I'm renting a desk in a shared office so I can get out of the house.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd have the same problem if I were you.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I know what you mean. To begin with, work is the motivation. Then you go contracting, and money becomes the motivation (whether it starts that way or not, it ends that way). Then money stops becoming a motivation, and you're left with feck all to motivate you. First world problems. Probably time to sit back and think about how you might better direct your gloriously privileged existence.

Comment

You options really are:-

1) Go and do take one of those contractors
                  2) Go and find a salesman and set up a proper consultancy
                  3) Do the first 1 while working on the second

4) Go and do something else...

Personally with school age children you are a bit tied to England so I would go for 2 or 3 depending on how quickly you reckon you could find a contract for your consultancy...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    school age children
                    In that case, I'm surprised the OP has time for all this existential crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X