• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

very fast company bank account needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very fast company bank account needed

Hi
    NatWest have seriously made mistakes with me, and its potentially costing me a huge contract.

I need a company account for Monday, or just a sort code and account number, so I get a invoice paid........

unfortunately I would look silly if I had to change this over half way, so its not a option for me to make it a personal account and wait for NatWest to fix this.

I could use another then switch over to NatWest, but they are making me look very very silly

any ideas on this?

If you got a new bank account by Monday, the money laundering people would have kittens.

LLoyds are excellent. But take 3-4 weeks!

Comment

You could speak to your accountant who will give you the low down on risks around using personal accounts for the short period.

Why would not having an account cost you a contract? It adds risk around your exposure but nothing wrong with asking for the payment to be deferred until the account is open.

Absolutely nothing wrong with changing accounts mid contract. It's only a bank account. What might be more an issue is asking an agent to pay in to a personal current account.

Banks cock up. It's life. It doesn't make you look silly at all. It's just part of doing business.

You are either overthinking or panicking unnecessarily
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

These are the fastest I've ever found, not sure they're that fast but worth a look

Online Business Account & Business Credit Cards Alternative
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 September 2016, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You could speak to your accountant who will give you the low down on risks around using personal accounts for the short period.

Why would not having an account cost you a contract? It adds risk around your exposure but nothing wrong with asking for the payment to be deferred until the account is open.

Absolutely nothing wrong with changing accounts mid contract. It's only a bank account. What might be more an issue is asking an agent to pay in to a personal current account.

Banks cock up. It's life. It doesn't make you look silly at all. It's just part of doing business.

You are either overthinking or panicking unnecessarily
          because NatWest assured me some time ago this would be sorted, so I need to pay a supplier on Monday.......... ive already stalled the end client for 2 weeks and I cant pay for insurance to go on site without my invoice being paid

its all a bit of a mess

Comment

Originally posted by knewbold View Post
            because NatWest assured me some time ago this would be sorted, so I need to pay a supplier on Monday.......... ive already stalled the end client for 2 weeks and I cant pay for insurance to go on site without my invoice being paid

its all a bit of a mess
            Your accountant can advise how you can use your money as a loan to the company so you can pay whatever you need to and fix later
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi
              NatWest have seriously made mistakes with me, and its potentially costing me a huge contract.

I need a company account for Monday, or just a sort code and account number, so I get a invoice paid........

unfortunately I would look silly if I had to change this over half way, so its not a option for me to make it a personal account and wait for NatWest to fix this.

I could use another then switch over to NatWest, but they are making me look very very silly

any ideas on this?
              Why is your lack of bank number going to cost you a contract. It may delay payment for a week or 2 but that's the most I can see the consequences being.

Also visit a branch and see if they can speed things up
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

its all a bit of a mess
                You can pay for insurance from your personal account and claim it back as a business expense.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You can pay for insurance from your personal account and claim it back as a business expense.
                  Yeah, if that is all that is needed, that's the easy solution.

If the problem is that someone is actually going to be paying money into your account, I have a creative solution for you. Give them my bank details, and then when you get your account sorted, I'll pass funds on to it. Honest.

Comment

If the amount of money you need to receive is less than £10k and your existing director's loan account is clear then you shouldn't have any problem getting paid into your personal account, show it in your books as invoice paid, credited against the DLA and re-pay once business account is sorted.

Comment

Working...
                    X