• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sniff of the barmaids apron please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniff of the barmaids apron please

It's funny sometimes watching youngsters get hammered on work do's.

At a trade fair at the NEC & staying in a hotel next door. Obviously work colleagues. You have the older sales guys quietly drinking & chatting, but the young 'uns who look like it may be their first, whooping, hollering, chasing each other around the bar & basically hammered.

Now this is a trade show for retailers and wholesalers, so I don't expect the same level of intellectual capabilities you'd see at an IT type do, but it does make me smirk, because in my early career, I remember getting battered at work do's & making a right pratt of myself.

Would never happen now, would it?

What's the most cringeworthy work do's thing you did when you were 'young'? (Zeity, may need some help remembering here)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

we had this little Barbara Windsor type (without the accent but big tits & blonde) she appeared one morning in the hotel reception during Networks with one of the Carpenters who had built the stand. We were mildly amused.

Another do one of my scottish colleagues created a human fountain by lying on his back in the car park and blowing chunks in the air. i felt bad taking a photo well not much!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      we had this little Barbara Windsor type (without the accent but big tits & blonde) she appeared one morning in the hotel reception during Networks with one of the Carpenters who had built the stand. We were mildly amused.

Another do one of my scottish colleagues created a human fountain by lying on his back in the car park and blowing chunks in the air. i felt bad taking a photo well not much!
      I kid you not. As I just left the bar and walked back a few minutes ago, I could see in the distance two girls. One was taking a picture of the other, who as I got closer had her not unsmall baps out and was standing in front of,the glass of the swimming pool.

I basically just got flashed, who as clocking me , she flustered & turned away quickly, before walking off and taking some time to do up her shirt buttons (they were all undone).

Double standards here. If that was a bloke, they'd be arrested. I've got a good mind to phone the police & complain, especially as I didn't have my glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Double standards here. If that was a bloke, they'd be arrested. I've got a good mind to phone the police & complain, especially as I didn't have my glasses on.
        They'd only have steamed up anyway.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I basically just got flashed, who as clocking me , she flustered & turned away quickly, before walking off and taking some time to do up her shirt buttons (they were all undone).

Sounds like one of Fat Lazy Contractors tales

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They had a fair number of apprentices at one Client, when ever the free booze was laid on it was a right mess, one poor guy just could not handle is drink, and the others played up to it, he got quite love sick for one of the others when drunk which was always unrequited, cute at times, so not funny at others when we had to go through his wallet to find his address and present him to his mother an 1am

Quietly mentioned it to the office bosses who turned round and said "they are over 18, they are responsible for their own actions" HR bods didn't think the same when they found out they were being plied with drink on the ClinetCo tab
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I kid you not. As I just left the bar and walked back a few minutes ago, I could see in the distance two girls. One was taking a picture of the other, who as I got closer had her not unsmall baps out and was standing in front of,the glass of the swimming pool.

I am guessing you are at the Hilton?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                I am guessing you are at the Hilton?
                Well guessed.

Comment

Working...
                X