• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any regular Trainline customers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any regular Trainline customers?

Booked tickets online, paid for it on the company card but I have left that at home, can I use any valid card with the reference number to pick them up or do I need to schlep it back home to get the right card?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

You need the right card regardless of who you ordered them from. The ticket machines check the card details before issuing the tickets to prevent fraud.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      You need the right card regardless of who you ordered them from. The ticket machines check the card details before issuing the tickets to prevent fraud.
      Balls!

On the plus side early finish now

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Any valid card will work.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
          Depends how they are booked. Trainline I believe is the same as train companies and will require the appropriate credit card.

If booked via a travel agency any card will do.... Personally I just use Virgin's East Coast website and choice the print ticket option....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
            My understanding is any valid card, with the reference number. Thats what happened when I used to manage a team and I booked using the company card - just emailed the reference number and they collected from the local ticket machine.

Comment

Spoke to them (via Twitter of all places), was the specific card but they have managed to change it to any card pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Depends how they are booked. Trainline I believe is the same as train companies and will require the appropriate credit card.

If booked via a travel agency any card will do.... Personally I just use Virgin's East Coast website and choice the print ticket option....
                With the advantage that Virgin will automatically refund you when your train is late (and it invariably is).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Is the app only available for the west coast line?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I only ever use helicopterline.....

Comment

Working...
                    X