• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Studio flat over hotels...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Studio flat over hotels...

Looking to change gig - too far for a daily commute, but can make a mid-week pit-stop back at Wilmslow Towers.

Toying with hotels / motels / holiday inn, versus a studio / 1 bedroom flat.

Costings work out similar, both have their advantages, I am sick of restaurants and takaways, with fantasies of easy lays, but most landlords are after 12 months - I can only sign up for 3 months.

Who has rented and regretted?

'My bed's full of takeaways and fantasies
    Of easy lays'

Ftfy

Comment

Don't risk renting in the current contracting climate. Not only that but with what we've read of you on here, the three months may be stretching it.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Do they not have "aparthotels" round you - effectively bedsits run on a hotel basis. I stayed in one or two quite nice ones and was pretty impressed, it was certainly a liveable space for 1 and not extortionate.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

First week in a hotel then spareroom.com
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I like your thinking.....

Comment

Or AirBnB - find somewhere nice, maybe try a few places,then make a deal with one person for a longer term, but flexible stay.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

WHS. I pay £100 a week for my monday to thursday lodgings, and I can leave my clobber there over the weekend.

Also, there's https://www.mondaytofriday.com/
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X