• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What companies sell ETFs/Vanguard Funds to Limited companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What companies sell ETFs/Vanguard Funds to Limited companies?

I'd like to buy funds via my limited company.

I was wondering if people could recommend a company.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't you only been contracting for under a year?

You should only be investing spare money you are willing to lose in shares and the like.
    Have you managed to build up enough to pay your taxes, withdraw up to the efficienct levels and a warchest of 6 months to a years reserves yet?

Ahh..that said you've asked about investing company money twice already haven't you.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 6 September 2016, 18:49.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you read the link we posted for you in your other threads.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-savings.html

You say you've got 50k.. Is that your warchest after withdrawing as much as you can in the most efficient way? That's not a massive warchest bearing in mind you can get rid of most of that by diving yourself the full amount on the 7th of April. After that you can then start rebuilding the war chest and when you've done that then you can start playing with the spare money?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This is not a recommendation, I merely did some Googling for you. These appear to offer a fund trading account for limited companies.

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/...ther-accounts/

I cannot vouch for these. For all I know, they are a reincarnation of Stratton Oakmont. Do your own research.

From Contractors' Questions: How to invest my company's leftover cash? :: Contractor UK
        Finally, consider that your company will be potentially liable to pay corporation tax on any interest and gains in each trading year that they arise. A solution would be to hold the funds in a corporate offshore bond where you benefit from what's known as 'gross roll up'. Your interest and any growth to the investments is simply ring-fenced within an offshore wrapper and you only pay company tax when these funds are encashed from the bond. In this way, you may be able to time encashment for a time when tax rates are low or perhaps when you had been able to engineer a trading loss.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Did you read the link we posted for you in your other threads.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-savings.html

You say you've got 50k.. Is that your warchest after withdrawing as much as you can in the most efficient way? That's not a massive warchest bearing in mind you can get rid of most of that by diving yourself the full amount on the 7th of April. After that you can then start rebuilding the war chest and when you've done that then you can start playing with the spare money?
          the "most efficient way" is only 16k these days

Comment

Question for OP:

Are there any advantages of your LTD company owning shares/funds as opposed to individually owning them in either an ISA or SIPP?

Are there any disadvantages?

I'm assuming you've done some basic research?

Comment

Try Interactive Brokers

Comment

Working...
              X