• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watching the Paralympics Opening Ceremony

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Paralympics Opening Ceremony

Is it just me, or is it a load of crap.

They've got about 20 people in the middle, playing music on wooden chair, about 5 people wondering around with some round cardboard, and to be honest, when that guy came down in that ramp in a wheelchair I thought, feck me, he's going to break his legs doing that.

God I hope this gets better.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

That fella with the balloons is going to get shot in a minute.

Comment

WTF is the whole beach thing about? Christ this is boring. Please have someone from ISIS turn up.

Comment

I'm of the view that the Paralympics should be held as a warmup to the Olympics, rather than being tacked on the end. I'm sure as a buildup it would be better promoted, give the organisers chance to test out their new facilities properly etc. It seems like Brazil forgot they had to host it and spent all their money on the Olympic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          WTF is the whole beach thing about? Christ this is boring. Please have someone from ISIS turn up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori...t_1_-_Offences

This Part creates a series of new criminal offences intended to assist the police in tackling terrorism. They are:
          Encouragement of terrorism (section 1): Prohibits the publishing of "a statement that is likely to be understood by some or all of the members of the public to whom it is published as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to them to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or Convention offences." Indirect encouragement statements include every statement which glorifies the commission or preparation (whether in the past, in the future or generally) of such acts or offences; and is a statement from which those members of the public could reasonably be expected to infer that what is being glorified is being glorified as conduct that should be emulated by them in existing circumstances."[3] In England and Wales, a person guilty of this offence is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine, or to both, or, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding twelve months, or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, a person guilty of this offence is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine, or to both, or, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both.

Comment

Blimey,I either thought I was having a narcotic flashback or the Missus had spiked my tea.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Is it just me, or is it a load of crap.

They've got about 20 people in the middle, playing music on wooden chair, about 5 people wondering around with some round cardboard, and to be honest, when that guy came down in that ramp in a wheelchair I thought, feck me, he's going to break his legs doing that.

God I hope this gets better.
              He's already in the wheelchair you plum....
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X