• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airbnb of recruitment agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbnb of recruitment agencies

Does it already exist somewhere?

Why do companies, certainly those in the UK, depend on middle men so much? Is it about off-loading responsibility or something more?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Why do companies, certainly those in the UK, depend on middle men so much? Is it about off-loading responsibility or something more?
    Invoice factoring and payroll?
    For example, in London Banking I always get paid weekly, the client often only pays the agency once every 3 months.
    Credit and criminal clearance?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don't understand the concept, AirBnB puts owners in touch with renters with very little in the middle, there is a little more work for the owners, with AirBnB offering support.

Why would a Client want someone to help their internal function do something which it can already do when it is trying to off load the actual work in the first place.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Probably because they don't want to have to deal directly with people like you. Instead they employ people or agencies with high levels of thick skin and bullsh*t to filter out the time wasters.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

jobserve
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I don't understand the concept, AirBnB puts owners in touch with renters with very little in the middle, there is a little more work for the owners, with AirBnB offering support.

Why would a Client want someone to help their internal function do something which it can already do when it is trying to off load the actual work in the first place.
            Not really looking to apply the concept as much as making sure money remains with the business to provide people better income. Agencies do a great deal of damage to the economy imo. If efficiency is to increase, and that needs to happen in the UK for competitiveness sake, then middle men need to go.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=scooterscot;2308241. Agencies do a great deal of damage to the economy imo..[/QUOTE]

Explain please
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Explain please
                Ignore him. He hasn't even worked out the difference between fixed expenditure and outsourced service costs and the impact on a company's bottom line.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

AirBnb and Uber is a market place which allows you to extract income out of your assets, namely your property or car.

Now, how is this concept applicable to companies looking to source IT contractors via agencies?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Jobserve - companies can connect directly if they want. HSBC do that (as well as use agencies)
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X