PDA

View Full Version : Lenzee in Scotland

Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
9th September 2016, 08:10
Lenzee or Lensee?

I may need to be spending some time there soon, can anyone tell me much about it?

I just want to know if it's nice, really.

Thanks in advance.

stek
9th September 2016, 08:15
Lenzie

jmo21
Lenzie, North East Glasgow?

A lovely area I know well. Ask away.

WTFH
No such a place as Lenzee/Lensee. Do you mean Glenshee?

Wilmslow
9th September 2016, 08:16
Lenzee or Lensee?

I may need to be spending some time there soon, can anyone tell me much about it?

Thanks in advance.

I know Lenzie - I have family there. It is a quiet suburb, good train links with both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

It is a commuter town - Kirkintilloch is nearby which is a larger town with pubs, restaurants etc.

If you like golf, it has a very nice course!

Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
9th September 2016, 08:20
Lenzie, North East Glasgow?

A lovely area I know well. Ask away.

Are there any reasonable clean places where I could stay or places to park in a travel van safely for a few nights in the vicinity?

Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
9th September 2016, 08:21
No such a place as Lenzee/Lensee. Do you mean Glenshee?

No, Lenzie

Wilmslow
9th September 2016, 08:25
Are there any reasonable clean places where I could stay or places to park in a travel van safely for a few nights in the vicinity?

It is a quiet peaceful place surrounded by countryside. I would have thought living in a van would be very safe there, the only gunshots you hear will be the grousers.

EDIT: Garfield House rings a bell as being a nice local place for food and hotel - it is a Best Western.

MrMarkyMark
9th September 2016, 08:30
Lenzee or Lensee?

Thanks in advance.

What's happened to the faux Indian speak?
You really need to be more consistent Martin, errrrrmmm.........I mean Wetti :rolleyes:

MrMarkyMark
9th September 2016, 08:33

You could have PMed Scroaty, he always liked his camper vans :D

jmo21
9th September 2016, 08:35

Not sure about parking a van. There aren't any hotels in Lenzie, but Kirkintilloch is right next to it which has Smiths hotel which is nice enough.

Crowwood down in Muirhead is alright, and still within 5/10 mins of Lenzie/Kirky.

If you like curry, try Rasoi in Lenzie.

Edit: oh yes, Garfield house is nice forgot about that.

Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
9th September 2016, 08:48
You really need to be more consistent Martin, errrrrmmm.........I mean Wetti :rolleyes:

If you read my posts from yesterday you will notice that I said that I am not from India and .primary languages not being Hindi.

Je suis de Maurice :wink

cojak
9th September 2016, 08:48

:grey

Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
9th September 2016, 08:52
Not sure about parking a van. There aren't any hotels in Lenzie, but Kirkintilloch is right next to it which has Smiths hotel which is nice enough.

Crowwood down in Muirhead is alright, and still within 5/10 mins of Lenzie/Kirky.

If you like curry, try Rasoi in Lenzie.

Edit: oh yes, Garfield house is nice forgot about that.

Thankyou, sounds wonderful.

Yes, I like curry :smile

As a woken of my gratitude I will leave you an order of bhelpuri on the door :wink

MrMarkyMark
9th September 2016, 08:55
FTFY

If you read my posts from yesterday you will notice that I said that I am not from India and .primary languages not being Hindi.

Je suis de Medusa :wink

scooterscot
9th September 2016, 10:52
Pish posh. Or least it used to be full of Edinburgh wanabes.