• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is a jobsworth just an arsehole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is a jobsworth just an arsehole?

The local train was delayed so I had just 4 minutes to sprint through the station and exit the gate barrier to get to another platform bolted onto the side of the station.

Usually a friendly gate chap or chapess smiles, and helpfully opens the side gate.

This morning I was loaded with a suitcase, about to miss the train, and the grumpty numpty insisted I use the ticket barrier which rarely works with a season ticket, this delay would have missed the train.

It was partly open from the person he opened it for so I just charged on through – I asked him for confirmation about the platform for the train (it is sometimes moved), he bloody well knew but just said to look at the board.

I said in the most patronising manner, than you for your help.

Where’s gricerboy when you need him?

Should have headbutted him
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

TL;DR

Is this project coming to a premature close too?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Where’s gricerboy when you need him?
        Still on the 7:23 to Victoria.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Still on the 7:23 to Victoria.
          Unlike Wilmslow, who just missed it?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X