• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

a missed bullet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a missed bullet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-brexit-vote

he EU’s foreign policy chief has outlined her vision of closer European military cooperation following the UK’s vote to leave the union.

Federica Mogherini has proposed setting up a Brussels headquarters for European “battlegroups” capable of mounting military interventions in crises. A headquarters was one of four priority proposals to be presented to EU governments after the Brexit vote, she told Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

EU defence policy remains in the hands of European governments, rather than the EU executive.

While insisting she was not proposing an EU army, Mogherini said the UK’s impending departure had left other EU governments with no excuse for not moving forward on giving the EU a defence capacity. The idea has long been cherished by European federalists, but categorically resisted by London.
    sorry who said that was rubbish before Brexit?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Explain why a EU army is a bad thing?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If it had the French in it, it would surrender.

If it had the Germans in it, it would start agitating for bits of Poland back

If it had anyone else in it it would only need a minibus for transport

That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        UK would have to retrofit more reverse gears on the tanks.

Comment

You forgot to add, it'll probably not invade other countries illegally. But rather focus on defence of the realm. Remember that when 'defence' meant exactly that?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Vichy
            De Gaulle
            Hitler

need I go on?

Comment

You forgot to add, it'll probably not invade other countries illegally. But rather focus on defence of the realm. Remember that when 'defence' meant exactly that?
              I thought my German stereotype had covered that. Unless you're suggesting that Poland was asking for it?

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ks-air-strikes

yep its only us!

Comment

Because I wouldn't want my son put in harm’s way at the behest of another nation of which I feel absolutely no affinity for?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Because I wouldn't want my son put in harm’s way at the behest of another nation of which I feel absolutely no affinity for?
                    little Englander.

We must fight for the Glorious EU Reich Community.

Comment

Working...
                    X