• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My New Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Office

Well that's me all settled into my new offices in a shared building today.

My own telephone line(3000 minutes included per month, UK or abroad), network & WIFI, mailing address, receptionist downstairs (shared), break out rooms, meeting rooms in addition a dining area & showers for the cycle in. Have an office big enough for four employees & so far bought in two desktops & a laptop. (More equipment at home to pick apart).

Even though I don't actually have a business, any money coming in or a fricking clue what I'm going to do, I do have a shiny new desk, decent chair, security key fob, printer, books & more important lots of stationary (and someone who says hello to me in the morning when I come in to the office as opposed to a 'what the **** are you doing at home' look. It means I can escape the house, kids, wife, dog, bloke next door who drags his bins too loudly & can now happily watch Youtube all day without the missus barging in and banging on about not doing anything & the lawn needs cutting. I can now start upskilling & working on some side projects in peace & bloody quiet

All for £199 per month, bargain.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 9 September 2016, 16:28.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

My own telephone, network & WIFI, mailing address, receptionist downstairs (shared), break out rooms, meeting rooms in addition a dining area & showers for the cycle in. Have an office big enough for four employees & so far bought in two desktops & a laptop. (More equipment at home to pick apart).

Even though I don't actually have a business, any money coming in or a fricking clue what I'm going to do, I do have a shiny new desk, decent chair, security key fob, printer, books & more important lots of stationary (and someone who says hello to me in the morning when I come in to the office as opposed to a 'what the **** are you doing at home' look. It means I can escape the house, kids, wife, dog, bloke next door who drags his bins too loudly & can now happily watch Youtube all day without the missus barging in and banging on about not doing anything & the lawn needs cutting. I can now start upskilling & working on some side projects in peace & bloody quiet

Welcome Back Walter!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Get on that damned phone, headhunt Suity and Wilmslow, and complete the dream team!

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Translated: you purchased a garden shed from B&Q, on credit, and a gnome that you can talk to on the way in.

Comment

My own telephone line(3000 minutes included per month, UK or abroad), network & WIFI, mailing address, receptionist downstairs (shared), break out rooms, meeting rooms in addition a dining area & showers for the cycle in. Have an office big enough for four employees & so far bought in two desktops & a laptop. (More equipment at home to pick apart).

£199 per month just to have a quiet room to wank?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              £199 per month just to have a quiet room to wank?
              Coming from a recent perm background a man has to start somewhere
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I can think of few jobs worse than having to spend 3000 minutes a month on the phone!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

Sorted!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X