• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emily Thornbury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily Thornbury

How not to be interviewed on live TV.

Hardly surprising is it.

The level of incompetence in todays government is too damn high

Comment

She's a member of the shadow cabinet and a fruit loop.

Well anyone who thinks Corbyn is any good, labour will be become the next government and they haven't gone back to the days of Michael Foot is a fruit loop
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Well anyone who thinks Corbyn is any good
        Video will not work so can't tell.

Corbyn speaks for the people that elected him, unlike his Tory peers.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

She is shadow brexit minister. She is meeting the french foreign minister this week but doesn't know his name. You could excuse that but she digs herself a hole by accusing the interviewer of asking her pub quiz questions. She rounds off the interview by accusing the interviewer of sexism for asking her the names of foreign ministers.

She has been generally criticised for damaging the fight against sexism.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Hardly surprising is it.

The level of incompetence in todays government is too damn high

Well anyone who thinks Corbyn is any good, labour will be become the next government and they haven't gone back to the days of Michael Foot is a fruit loop
            Yep. Corbyn is having to scrape the barrel to have anyone in the Shadow Cabinet, as he's lost the support of the majority of his MPs. Only the fruit-loops are left. I can only assume that the people who continue to support Corbyn are also delusional fruit-loops.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Have you spoken to any Tory party members? I have.

They want someone competent leading them who has the support of the party's MPs so they can be in government to change Britain into their vision.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've always found Emily Thornbury to be condescending and rather smug. Glad to see her getting found out.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Have you spoken to any Tory party members? I have.

They want someone competent leading them who has the support of the party's MPs so they can be in government to change Britain into their vision.
                  Worse. I have relations who are fully paid up members. Those make for interesting visits

MPs no longer listen to the people that voted them into power in the first place. Competence, even common sense, is no longer a prerequisite for many. Becoming a MP these days is treated as prize rather than a duty. And that's before we speak about the vested interests.

It seems clear to me what Tory members want they don't get by voting Tory.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

...Becoming a MP these days is treated as prize rather than a duty. And that's before we speak about the vested interests...
                    Absolutely. I just read the Private Eye special report on the revolving door between government and industry.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X