• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly got myself locked up in Barcelona.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night around midnight, on the autopista from Barcelona heading over to France.

Policeman stands in the middle of the 3 lane motorway waving a red lit baton - so I come to a stop.

Cars in all directions, around 10 involved. Life changing injuries but no deaths. A few ambulances and fire trucks arrive quickly, and all casualties are moved over the ambulaces in the hard shoulder. Within half an hour, the autopista is ready for re-opening. Scary they sort it so quick, they must be very used to major accidents.

Plod cones off lane 1 after the crashed cars are pushed out of the way by the firemen. so the road was open again.

Wrong. I was driving off slowly - plod comes running over the tarmac screaming at me. He told me to wait for the 'bouy'. I now know that to re-open a motorway I need to wait for plod to wave a white lit baton. I honestly thought I was going to get locked up.

Wiiiiillllmmmmslllllooooowwwww!!!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No you didn't. You got shouted at by a copper for not obeying their rules while in their country.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Same thing happened to me, well nearly. Boss Hogg wanted me to stop on the freeway but I sped up and luckily there was an old twisted ramp on the road. I hit it at some speed and my car twisted in the air and landed on the other side of the freeway missing the waiting police cars.

Daisy Duke laughed so hard she farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Friday night around midnight, on the autopista from Barcelona heading over to France.
          Does mummy let you stay up that late?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Same thing happened to me, well nearly. Boss Hogg wanted me to stop on the freeway but I sped up and luckily there was an old twisted ramp on the road. I hit it at some speed and my car twisted in the air and landed on the other side of the freeway missing the waiting police cars.

Daisy Duke laughed so hard she farted.
            That was in Bond if i recall correctly.

Comment

You missed out on free accommodation in a great location close to the city centre....

Comment

Comment

Policeman stands in the middle of the 3 lane motorway waving a red lit baton - so I come to a stop.

Cars in all directions, around 10 involved. Life changing injuries but no deaths. A few ambulances and fire trucks arrive quickly, and all casualties are moved over the ambulaces in the hard shoulder. Within half an hour, the autopista is ready for re-opening. Scary they sort it so quick, they must be very used to major accidents.

Plod cones off lane 1 after the crashed cars are pushed out of the way by the firemen. so the road was open again.

Wrong. I was driving off slowly - plod comes running over the tarmac screaming at me. He told me to wait for the 'bouy'. I now know that to re-open a motorway I need to wait for plod to wave a white lit baton. I honestly thought I was going to get locked up.
                  Do you think you could finish the job off properly next time?

Comment

Working...
                  X