• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man who ‘believes in British values’ just likes Christmas and dislikes immigrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man who ‘believes in British values’ just likes Christmas and dislikes immigrants

he he

manthink

A MAN who claims to love traditional British values cannot explain what they are in any detail.

After a report claimed British values were under threat, sales manager Roy Hobbs affirmed his belief in them but could only give the examples of Christmas and possibly ‘determination’.

Hobbs said: “We’ve got to stand up for British traditions like Christmas, although I tend to focus more on the presents and getting pissed for two weeks than the Jesus stuff.

“I couldn’t give you a full list of British values off the top of my head, but ‘fair play’ and ‘determination’ are probably two of them. Maybe ‘drinking tea’ as well.

“The details aren’t important, we just have to defend British values before political correctness makes us celebrate Islamic Winterval. My family will be having a traditional British Christmas with lots of sherry, new games for the Sony Playstation and a good Pixar movie.”

“Immigration is the biggest threat to our values because of them all coming here with a totally alien culture of differently shaped bread and sausages.

Hobbs later expanded on his definition of British values, adding ‘stiff upper lip’, ‘crisps’ and ‘Shaun the Sheep’.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Indeed savages coming here with their Irn Bru and fried Mars Bars.

Comment

I've still to see someone or know of someone eating a deep fried mars bar.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And their strange customs involving lots of beer, a train and me besh mate.

And a fight

And chips with salt n sauce

Bloody savages

Comment

Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three, two weeks in Espana and Sunday striptease
          Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I did see it on sale in a chip shop in North Wales in 1992 - but I didn't try it. I had the battered haggis instead. Yum.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three, two weeks in Espana and Sunday striptease

If I was in charge, I'll cure it soon - abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The chippy in Axminster sells them. I've seen people buying them but never seen one being eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                The chippy in Axminster sells them. I've seen people buying them but never seen one being eaten.
                People probably try it out with friends and family.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Are you living in the 70's ?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Are you living in the 70's ?

No, 1982 was when that first came out.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X