• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well that din't last long - Sep 5th - Pound rallies after service sector data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that din't last long - Sep 5th - Pound rallies after service sector data

Sep 13th - €/£ = 1.174

Back to where it was, no wait, lower that what it was beginning of the month.

Pound rallies after service sector data
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Sep 13th - €/£ = 1.174

Back to where it was, no wait, lower that what it was beginning of the month.

Pound rallies after service sector data
    But higher than most of August. And we don't want it too high or we will lose those level export benefits.

Comment

Inflation hasn't moved yet. I would have thought in these days of "Just In Time" inventory that we'd see some "Imported inflation" coming through. The suppliers must be taking the hit for us.

Comment

Hope the pound continues to fall, it's doing wonders for my rate!

Comment

Ich auch.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ich auch.
            Også mig...

Comment

I just love listening to the Danes talk. Sounds like something you should understand then mind-boom. Perhaps that's just me coming out of Germany. Occasionally I travel up to Copenhagen, have brunch in this bookshop, the name I forget, lovely way to spend the morning.

Comment

I just love listening to the Danes talk. Sounds like something you should understand then mind-boom. Perhaps that's just me coming out of Germany. Occasionally I travel up to Copenhagen, have brunch in this bookshop, the name I forget, lovely way to spend the morning.
                I can read Danish fine, very much like English with Swedish with German, but when they speak it I cannot understand a word, and I like to think I'm pretty good with languages...

G's and D's in the middle of word are not pronounced and T's and D's at the end of a word or with a vowel after are prononced like L.

Strøget = Strerrrlll

Strandgade = Stranel...

The bookshop you mention is probably the one on Strøget, the long pedestranised street, lots of books in English...

We had some Swedes in the office today and they say their langs are mutually intelligible but Christ know's how!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Hope the pound continues to fall, it's doing wonders for my rate!
                  Same here

Comment

It does nothing for my rate, but because clientco is American I've just been offered an another extension probably off the back of the fact I'm now costing them less than before
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X