PDA

View Full Version : Feck it, got an interview lined up

MarillionFan
13th September 2016, 16:08
As an interim Director(contract) in exactly the type of role I just left.

Got approached by a rec-con on Linked in.

WTF am I thinking? :suicide:

LondonManc
13th September 2016, 16:10
Bugger, he's back.

oracleslave
13th September 2016, 16:13
As an interim Director(contract)

Are they going to stump up the cash to meet your demands of £400 per day?

MarillionFan
13th September 2016, 16:13
I went in at £800 per day, and they were fine with that.

LondonManc
13th September 2016, 16:14
Are they going to stump up the cash to meet your demands of £400 per day?

That's not the 400 pounds they were on about.

eek
13th September 2016, 16:23

You went in low there... Oh well you'll know better next time around especially as its probably IR35 caught....

MrMarkyMark
13th September 2016, 16:26

You went in low then, you should be looking at £1K+ a day, if you are any good.

Oh..............hang on :eyes

As it's an interim role, i.e waiting to be replaced by Perm, you are very likely to be IR35 caught, hence why you should have gone in higher :spank:

MarillionFan
13th September 2016, 16:27
You went in low there... Oh well you'll know better next time around especially as its probably IR35 caught....

Probably. Unsure at the moment what I should market at. Anyway, as this was on a similar role I was doing and I was getting paid more than that, then yes, it's probably low.

Fook knows, as far I was concerned I was well overpaid anyway, even with all the pole choking.

Seeing a mate at another company tomorrow so who knows.

MarillionFan
13th September 2016, 16:30
"You went in low then, you should be looking at £1K+ a day, if you are any good.

Oh..............hang on http://forums.contractoruk.com/images/smilies/eyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.lz7Ogvb0SW.gif"

I hadn't really planned to take a contract role based on what I was doing full-time. Firstly it's not technical, more business process & management, second, I'm not sure I'm even motivated to do that type of role, thirdly, I'm not bothered about the money anymore.

For now, may as well investigate opportunities when and if they come along.

MrMarkyMark
13th September 2016, 16:31
Probably. Unsure at the moment what I should market at. Anyway, as this was on a similar role I was doing and I was getting paid more than that, then yes, it's probably low.

Fook knows, as far I was concerned I was well overpaid anyway, even with all the pole choking.

You'll end up with the same as someone, non caught on around £600 PD.

:laugh

Mate?! Really is there no limit to the amount of BS you spout on here :eyes

TestMangler
13th September 2016, 16:31

Now we know you're making this shit up.

MarillionFan
13th September 2016, 16:36
You'll end up with the same as someone, non caught on around £600 PD.

Mate?! Really is there no limit to the amount of BS you spout on here :eyes

????

£800 is £960 per day. Tax free.

You don't think I'm going to actually declare anything do you?:banana:

LondonManc
13th September 2016, 16:53

:eek:

original PM
13th September 2016, 17:04
:eek:

Does that mean TestMangler has some Admin level privileges and is not subject to swear filter.....

Inneresting

Also to mf congrats if it's real if not well meh was a crap joke 👍

TestMangler
13th September 2016, 17:05
Does that mean TestMangler has some Admin level privileges and is not subject to swear filter.....

Inneresting

Also to mf congrats if it's real if not well meh was a crap joke 👍

No one is subject to the swear filter unless they decide they wish to be :tongue

(And can live with the inevitable ban that's coming......)

jamesbrown
13th September 2016, 17:11

Seems like a good place to leave this.

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/p/pointandlaugh.gif

Aren't you the insecure numptie that uses every opportunity to brag about your ex-permie income, or is that AssCretin? That being said, either you talk a lot of crap or you have the negotiating skills of an over-smegged dickwaffle. :D Apologies in advance if I'm confusing over-smegged dickwaffles.

scooterscot
13th September 2016, 17:16

Them 5-day gigs...

MrMarkyMark
13th September 2016, 18:34
I hadn't really planned to take a contract role based on what I was doing full-time. Firstly it's not technical, more business process & management, second, I'm not sure I'm even motivated to do that type of role, thirdly, I'm not bothered about the money anymore.

For now, may as well investigate opportunities when and if they come along.

I hear you brother, I hear Corbyn needs people :rolleyes:

MarillionFan
14th September 2016, 11:57

Seen my mate, offered me a gig dependent on whether the CEO likes me. Meeting him next week.

Seeing another mate tomorrow.

Mordac
14th September 2016, 12:06

WTF am I thinking? :suicide:

More to the point, WTF were they thinking? :smokin

PS - Glad you're back, everyone's being banned left, right and centre. It's like the Mods have been turned into zombie killing machines. It's almost as if you can't abuse anyone in General anymore. Weird...:freaky:

mudskipper
14th September 2016, 12:11
No one is subject to the swear filter unless they decide they wish to be :tongue

(And can live with the inevitable ban that's coming......)

Being able to type :shit: without having to resort to fonts/colours is a benefit of CUK Premium membership. Do you want my MGM discount code?

Mordac
14th September 2016, 12:17
Seen my mate, offered me a gig dependent on whether the CEO likes me. Meeting him next week.

That's you f**ked then, don't worry, there's always next time...

MrMarkyMark
14th September 2016, 13:01
That's you f**ked then, don't worry, there's always next time...

You don't know that for sure, if the CEO has a Teletubby fetish, he may be well in.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/teletubbieshed.jpg

BrilloPad
14th September 2016, 13:03
Director of a tat shop?

OwlHoot
14th September 2016, 13:03

WTF am I were they thinking? :suicide:

FTFY :D

MrMarkyMark
14th September 2016, 13:04
Director of a tat shop?

https://ladylovescake.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_9697.jpg

MaryPoppins
14th September 2016, 13:10

Oof this is pathetic drivel.

Even SY would be ashamed of this.

LondonManc
14th September 2016, 13:11

Appropriate that someone with the username of a work of fiction should comment on another work of fiction :D

TheFaQQer
14th September 2016, 13:24
As it's an interim role, i.e waiting to be replaced by Perm, you are very likely to be IR35 caught, hence why you should have gone in higher :spank:

Being an interim doesn't mean IR35 caught, but being a controlling person (like a director, for example) is an automatic inside IR35 thanks to the Alexander Review and Ed Lester.

MaryPoppins
14th September 2016, 13:38
Being an interim doesn't mean IR35 caught, but being a controlling person (like a director, for example) is an automatic inside IR35 thanks to the Alexander Review and Ed Lester.

Rightfully so I say. The worst role I ever had was within an area that had replaced the entire SLT with 'interims'.

Could have been worse I guess. None of them was MF...

MaryPoppins
14th September 2016, 13:39
Being able to type shit without having to resort to fonts/colours is a benefit of CUK Premium membership. Do you want my MGM discount code?

Don't go offering your discount code out.

Everyone will want that :shit:.

MrMarkyMark
14th September 2016, 13:41

I would state doesn't necessarily.
However, I believe there is more chance an interim role could be IR35 caught.
If it is something like maternity cover, for a known period, then you could be OK.

I would suggest the interim role that MF is talking about could be caught and not just because he is a director.

MarillionFan
14th September 2016, 14:30
Rightfully so I say. The worst role I ever had was within an area that had replaced the entire SLT with 'interims'.

Could have been worse I guess. None of them was MF...

You'd love to be under me and you know it.

LondonManc
14th September 2016, 14:49
I would state doesn't necessarily.
However, I believe there is more chance an interim role could be IR35 caught.
If it is something like maternity cover, for a known period, then you could be OK.

I would suggest the interim role that MF is talking about could be caught and not just because he is a director.

Directing traffic doesn't count. HTHBIDI

Why are we worried about this chunt anyway? We've got bigger problems; the generation who are paying for our pensions are out chasing imaginary Pokémon!

Dactylion
14th September 2016, 16:17

You are right - it is pathetic drivel.

But Suity ashamed of it!!!
C'Mon - Suity isn't ashamed to come on here telling us how he has fecked up every gig he has ever done - maybe he should be ashamed but....................

Mordac
14th September 2016, 16:27
You'd love to be under me and you know it.

How do you know she's suicidal?

MarillionFan
14th September 2016, 16:56
Directing traffic doesn't count. HTHBIDI

Why are we worried about this chunt anyway? We've got bigger problems; the generation who are paying for our pensions are out chasing imaginary Pokémon!

Sorry, who the fook are you again? I have sockies who have sockies who have been on this site longer than you.

Feckin chunt indeed. You cockwomble.

blackeye
14th September 2016, 23:40
Sorry, who the fook are you again? I have sockies who have sockies who have been on this site longer than you.

What a bellend.

BrilloPad
15th September 2016, 06:27
So NLyUK is recruiting again.

MF is a shoe in as he has a full range of strap ons.

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 07:31

That's not very friendly, have a few beers yesterday afternoon, or something :eyes

LondonManc
15th September 2016, 09:12
That's not very friendly, have a few beers yesterday afternoon, or something :eyes

I'm sure he'll make something up.

TestMangler
15th September 2016, 10:39
So what happened to this commercial property you were buying (cash, of course) ?

Are you opening a shop, kitting out your new office and being an interim director on £800 a day all at the same time, or did you forget the last story you made up ?

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 11:00
So what happened to this commercial property you were buying (cash, of course) ?

Are you opening a shop, kitting out your new office and being an interim director on £800 a day all at the same time, or did you forget the last story you made up ?

Its all just in a typical days work in the Walter Mitty world, probably "on the job" at the same time, also :rolleyes:

oracleslave
15th September 2016, 11:13
Its all just in a typical days work in the Walter Mitty world, probably "on the job" at the same time, also :rolleyes:

The script writer needs sacking. Quaffing champagne whilst flying a tornado and simultaneously balancing some spaghetti on your lap was far more compelling.

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 11:20
The script writer needs sacking. Quaffing champagne whilst flying a tornado and simultaneously balancing some spaghetti on your lap was far more compelling.

I thought he was balancing a naked stewardess on his lap, who was holding the spaghetti, or maybe I got this month, mixed up with last month :confused:

LondonManc
15th September 2016, 11:22
I thought he was balancing a naked stewardess on his lap, who was holding the spaghetti, or maybe I got this month, mixed up with last month :confused:

I think you've mixed up MF and FLC

WTFH
15th September 2016, 11:27
I think you've mixed up MF and FLC

Are you saying that MF is FLC's sockie (and a poor attempt at that)

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 11:41
Are you saying that MF is FLC's sockie (and a poor attempt at that)

Unsure really, seems like it could get quite complex.

I have sockies who have sockies who have been on this site longer than you.

Maybe it used to go something like Bee > FLC > MF

Obviously, FLCS now gone, so Bee runs the MF sockie account.

WTFH
15th September 2016, 11:47
Maybe it used to go something like Bee > FLC > MF

Obviously, FLCS now gone, so Bee runs the MF sockie account.

So, Bee is the sockie overlord and FLC was her main sockie account with MF as a child sockie of FLC.

That would explain quite a lot.

northernladuk
15th September 2016, 11:52
We've had a nice break from her and now we've said Bee three times she will appear again :suicide:

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 12:31
We've had a nice break from her and now we've said Bee three times she will appear again :suicide:

You're letting your paranoia get the better of you, maybe in future, we can refer to the "one that cannot be named" :D

northernladuk
15th September 2016, 12:46
You're letting your paranoia get the better of you, maybe in future, we can refer to the "one that cannot be named" :D

We could just forget and move on?

Wilmslow
15th September 2016, 12:57
Don't go offering your discount code out.

Everyone will want that shit.

Hot shit.

Wilmslow
15th September 2016, 12:57
Hot tulip.

Bollocks. **** it.

TestMangler
15th September 2016, 12:58
Bollocks. **** it.

Forget it, you don't have the skills. Shit head :laugh

MarillionFan
15th September 2016, 13:01
"So what happened to this commercial property you were buying (cash, of course) ?

Are you opening a shop, kitting out your new office and being an interim director on £800 a day all at the same time, or did you forget the last story you made up ? " - Quote - Chip shop owner

In order

(1) Auction is on Monday, still looking to purchase. It has an existing tenant & so is an investment only
(2) Someone else got the shop I was after. I'm presently just setting up some ecommerce sites having been to the Autumn fair last week. So ticking along.
(3) Office is very nice thank you. Just configuring my new printer. Ill keep this office regardless
(4) Interim Director role has gone quiet but I had another offer yesterday somewhere else, dependent on meeting with CEO
(5) Today has consisted of meeting an old friend and just finished a pub lunch with an afternoon planned of insulting cretins on CUK.

HTH

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 13:03
Forget it, you don't have the skills. Shit head :laugh

Yeh, I mean, we will call him......

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 13:05
In order

(1) Auction is on Monday, still looking to purchase. It has an existing tenant & so is an investment only
(2) Someone else got the shop I was after. I'm presently just setting up some ecommerce sites having been to the Autumn fair last week. So ticking along.
(3) Office is very nice thank you. Just configuring my new printer. Ill keep this office regardless
(4) Interim Director role has gone quiet but I had another offer yesterday somewhere else, dependent on meeting with CEO
(5) Today has consisted of meeting an old friend and just finished a pub lunch with an afternoon planned of insulting cretins on CUK.

HTH

So you have been up to sweet feck all and have no solid future prospects, in reality.

Remember you aren't talking to "she who needs to be obeyed" now :laugh

TestMangler
15th September 2016, 13:09
In order

(1) I AM STANDING AT THE END OF A ROAD BEFORE A SMALL BRICK BUILDING.
AROUND YOU IS A FOREST. A SMALL STREAM FLOWS OUT OF THE BUILDING AND
DOWN A GULLY.

HTH

FTFY

BrilloPad
We could just forget and move on?

Only when you forget that not everything can be answered by an accountant.

MarillionFan
So you have been up to sweet feck all and have no solid future prospects, in reality.

Remember you aren't talking to "she who needs to be obeyed" now :laugh

I don't think that's a fair summation of the situation. I've been very busy doing 'stuff' and 'things'. You wouldn't understand, it's above you.

I have also researched what cat videos are the most popular on Youtube & have just purchased a new Panasonic Varicam. Im going out shortly to surprise some.

MarillionFan
15th September 2016, 13:11
FTFY

You've stolen that from the David Kelly Adventure Game & I claim my five weapons of mass destruction.

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 13:12
I don't think that's a fair summation of the situation. I've been very busy doing 'stuff' and 'things'.

Sounds like something a spotty teenager would say to his mum, when he hadn't tidied his room :rolleyes:

In fact your statement has a certain Suityism about it :suicide:

MarillionFan
15th September 2016, 13:15
Sounds like something a spotty teenager would say to his mum, when he hadn't tidied his room :rolleyes:

In fact your statement has a certain Suityism about it :suicide:

Also according to Google 'Black Cock' also rates very high, so I am downloading a list of local farms that keep chickens and will be taking my camera with me to make some films for Youtube.

MrMarkyMark
15th September 2016, 13:18
Also according to Google 'Black Cock' also rates very high, so I am downloading a list of local farms that keep chickens and will be taking my camera with me to make some films for Youtube.

Auto-complete Google?
It's likely to be your wife searching for that, whilst you are festering away in your new office :eyes

Hmmmmmm............be careful there, the farmer may not appreciate you interfering with his livestock.

LondonManc
15th September 2016, 13:23
Auto-complete Google?
It's likely to be your wife searching for that, whilst you are festering away in your new office :eyes

Hmmmmmm............be careful there, the farmer may not appreciate you interfering with his livestock.

Again.