• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And you think you're having a tulip week.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you think you're having a tulip week.

Five get stranded in the snow - and polar bears are closing in - BBC Three

Originally posted by BBC
    Five Russian scientists are currently stranded in a small wooden shack in the Arctic, surrounded by a family of hungry bears. After two weeks, they've run out of flares to scare off the bears. And it gets worse. It'll be a month before anyone can reach them to help. It's like a horror story, but this time... it's real.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

On R4 on Weds I'm sure they said that they'd been rescued and were all fine now (bears included).
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Polar bears are nearly extinct so they must have been very unlucky indeed to have encountered them.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hollywood will be all over this like flies to turd!

I am however somewhat suspicious about its legitimacy though... Seems the BBC have rather a lot of info there!

Comment

Originally posted by IL Cattivo View Post
          Hollywood will be all over this like flies to turd!

I am however somewhat suspicious about its legitimacy though... Seems the BBC have rather a lot of info there!
          Is the Torygraph more to sir's liking:
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-bears-who-at/

(As Ms Poppins says, the story has a happy ending)

Here's the more up-to-date BBC offering:
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37359430
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            On R4 on Weds I'm sure they said that they'd been rescued and were all fine now (bears included).
            damn, and I've always wanted to know who would win in a fight, a polar bear or a drunken Russian scientist.

Comment

"Five get stranded in the snow", one of Enid Blyton's less successful works.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                "Five get stranded in the snow", one of Enid Blyton's less successful works.
                Is that the one where Timmy the dog was eaten after it turned out he was a tulip husky?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Is the Torygraph more to sir's liking:
                  Russian scientists besieged by pack of Arctic polar bears who ate their dog and slept under hut's windows

(As Ms Poppins says, the story has a happy ending)
                  Depends from which perspective you look at it.! Those bears must have felt pretty aggrieved to have only come away with one measly dog from that potential bounty!
                  Last edited by IL Cattivo; 16 September 2016, 14:09.

Comment

And I thought polar bears only ate penguins. Are the scientists wearing penguin suits?

Comment

Working...
                    X