• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advise needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise needed

I’ve just finished an IT contract and the manager is ignoring all request to sign my time sheet so that I could get paid.

He was a pain the backside and I couldn’t wait for the contract to end. They were times when I refused to go to work until he signed my previous time sheets. He hasn’t given any reasons why he’s not signing, and the agency don’t seem to be chasing him enough.

He has a lot of personal issues himself, and I believe he tried to take some of them out on me because I was a contractor. I stood my ground with him and I think that’s was his main issue with me.

I need to know what legal route I could take to recoup the money owned.

Did you opt in or out? Were you through and agent. If you got the right one you have to be paid regardless of time sheet.

That aside you'll not need to go legal. Just gotta start dunning. Mail him, his manager, resourcing team etc. Eventually they will give up and sign.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you limited company or agency?

Different situations for each. Plenty of topics in the past on here, some recent, about both situations. From what I remember, it's far more straightforward to pursue if you're limited company. Keyword in your search: Dunning.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Did you opt in or out? If you got the right one you have to be paid regardless of time sheet.
        I opted out. What options to I have now? No reason was giving why it hasn't been signed.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Different situations for each. Plenty of topics in the past on here, some recent, about both situations. From what I remember, it's far more straightforward to pursue if you're limited company. Keyword in your search: Dunning.
          Yes I'm limited.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Eh?? You meant Limited or Umbrella
            Or do you mean Direct or Agency?

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
              Yes I'm limited.
              Opted in or opted out?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
                I opted out. What options to I have now? No reason was giving why it hasn't been signed.
                Options are to keep pestering them and go up the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk
                  and in the proper part of the forums as well.
                  And who is the money 'owned' by ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Eh?? You meant Limited or Umbrella
                    Or do you mean Direct or Agency?
                    I meant limited or umbrella. Cheers. Was trying to get in before the smart arses.

Comment

Working...
                    X