• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Organising Paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organising Paperwork

Just moved house so it's a good time to sort my papers out. My company year end is 31st Dec, and I've just came back from the accountants to sort out corp tax for 2015. The file I usually keep for some reason goes by tax year but after coming back from accountants, I have some papers which overlap into 2016 which I have to now keep separately. My file has obvious separators for receipts, invoices, wages, dividend vouchers, etc.

How do you guys arrange your files? Going forward I think I'll do calendar year and maybe keep a separate file for my wages as they are needed on a tax year basis? I'm a bit OCD about keeping everything tidy so any guidance would be appreciated.

Originally posted by bathingape View Post
    Just moved house so it's a good time to sort my papers out. My company year end is 31st Dec, and I've just came back from the accountants to sort out corp tax for 2015. The file I usually keep for some reason goes by tax year but after coming back from accountants, I have some papers which overlap into 2016 which I have to now keep separately. My file has obvious separators for receipts, invoices, wages, dividend vouchers, etc.

How do you guys arrange your files? Going forward I think I'll do calendar year and maybe keep a separate file for my wages as they are needed on a tax year basis? I'm a bit OCD about keeping everything tidy so any guidance would be appreciated.
    12 divider folder from Lidl . Copies of those that overlap in later year originals in early folder.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      12 divider folder from Lidl . Copies of those that overlap in later year originals in early folder.
      but would that be calendar year or tax year?

Comment

company tax year.

Comment

I use a dustbin liner and every year end tip it over my accountant's desk.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

WHS

I also have an electronic archive.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I asked my accountant because I'm a good boy
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I asked my accountant because I'm a good boy
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  no pleasing some people or so my accountant said!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X