• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first molecular sensor that fits in the palm of your hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first molecular sensor that fits in the palm of your hand

I want one. I'm ready to buy. But can't think of a reason I'd need it. Is that important?

https://www.consumerphysics.com/myscio/scio/

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I want one. I'm ready to buy. But can't think of a reason I'd need it. Is that important?

https://www.consumerphysics.com/myscio/scio/

Mrs scooter could use it to locate your braincell.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Mrs scooter could use it to locate your wedding tackle.

rr
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why not just get your sperm count done at the hospital?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          No it's not important that you don't know why you need one. Nobody really knows why they need a new gadget.

But get it and play with it, you may find it's purpose. It may change your life.

Either that or it will end up gathering dust at the back of a drawer along with your old Palm-pilot and first-generation 3D printer.

Buy it today. I expect a stream threads over the coming months saying how cool it is and that it's really useful for X ( where X is some as yet unknown thing that you never needed to do or know for the past 40 years, but now need to ). And that can form part of the justification for me buying one.

Comment

Well it can tell whats in drugs which should be good for the young uns out in the clubs. Might save a death or two.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Well it can tell whats in drugs which should be good for the young uns out in the clubs. Might save a death or two.
              I'll keep it in the glove box next to my breathalyser.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Indeed, in my younger days I "worked" with a lot of bands and DJs, setting up parties etc. One of these would have been very useful

How Pure are Your Drugs? SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor Could Instantly Tell You | Gizmodo UK
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I looked at this on Kickstarter years ago and decided that it wasn't going to be coming any time soon. The project has now been pulled from Kickstarter because of a legal case, and people are saying that they are still waiting for theirs to arrive.

Comment

They don't seem to know why they are selling it.

Drugs raids, CSI, A&E , Food safety seem ideal areas.

Clever development though.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X