• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying proper gym equipment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying proper gym equipment

Is there an obvious well-known company for buying decent gym equipment from, like the sort of stuff you'd see in a real gym? I've not come across anywhere obvious, is it still one place you need to find a local store?

I don't even know the companies who make these things, since all my stuff is cheap home-level stuff like a bike costing £80 or a fold-up bench.If you wanted to set up a decent home-gym in a dedicated room that would last, where would you go? Who are the companies to look out for that make and sell this stuff?

Considering the long-term investment and convenience of a home gym over gym membership...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Have a look on ebay, prepend whatever you are looking for with "refurbished gym", it will give you an idea of exactly what brands are coming out of gyms.

Stuff can be pricey, my spin bike was 1600, refurbished can be a great option.

Comment

You can get a concept II easily enough.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why don't you just stop eating?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Or breathing?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Have a look on ebay, prepend whatever you are looking for with "refurbished gym", it will give you an idea of exactly what brands are coming out of gyms.

Stuff can be pricey, my spin bike was 1600, refurbished can be a great option.
            I found one website but even there prices varied from £150 - several grand and it's unclear what you actually get for the extra grand. I assume programmable workouts, terrain simulation and so on?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            I'd still be unhealthy and unfit, just thinner... I'm hardly fat anyway. Exercise isn't just about losing weight, despite what the media tells you about how you should look.

Plus, I;d rather eat and drink nice things and work it off than live some ascetic life.

Comment

I think the biggest difference is that it is engineered to take 50 or 60 hours a week usage and not fall apart. Bigger bearings, spindles, stronger welds etc.

Aluminium also gets used a bit more as steel will rust up pretty quick getting drenched in sweat all day and not getting cleaned.

Comment

PM me if you're interested in buying some 2nd hand heavy duty equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I think the biggest difference is that it is engineered to take 50 or 60 hours a week usage and not fall apart. Bigger bearings, spindles, stronger welds etc.
                  Makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    PM me if you're interested in buying some 2nd hand heavy duty equipment.
                    Does NLUK know he is being sold?

Comment

Working...
                    X