• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"What did Mahatma Gandhi think of black people?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What did Mahatma Gandhi think of black people?"

Not a great deal by the sounds of it...

According to the book, Gandhi described black Africans *as “savage,” “raw” and living a life of “indolence and nakedness,” and he campaigned relentlessly to prove to the British rulers that the Indian community in South Africa was superior to native black Africans. The book combs through Gandhi’s own writings during the period and government archives and paints a portrait that is at variance with how the world*regards him today.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...91441447912162

*resists urge to put in a laugh smiley*

Does this explain why we off-shore to India and not Uganda?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

quite a common thing - a lot of india's fookin hate africans and do see them as inferior....

Comment

I visited Jamaica a few years back, and the black locals were openly racist against asians there.

But if you read the Guardian or the BBC, only white people are racists.

Comment

Che Guevara was a rampant racist, on a par with the worst white supremacists.

His supporters like the t-shirt more than actually reading what he wrote or understanding what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I visited Jamaica a few years back, and the black locals were openly racist against asians there.

But if you read the Guardian or the BBC, only white people are racists.
            They haven't traveled enough, take India, for example, the Indians hate the Pakistanis with a passion.
            Obviously, everyone knows they were once the same country.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              They haven't traveled enough, take India, for example, the Indians hate the Pakistanis with a passion.
              Also see The People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire and the rest of the UK

Comment

I loved it when I went to India with 2 other white Brit's and a lad of Pakistani extraction. Much trouble at the airport for him. But he was a twunt so I didn't mind.

Our bags didn't make the connection, with the notable exception of his empty one he'd brought to take cheap stuff home. Rather than putting it in his other bag, he'd sent it separately, just because he could. Since some of his luggage had arrived he got zero compensation whilst the rest of us got £100 for our trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I loved it when I went to India with 2 other white Brit's and a lad of Pakistani extraction. Much trouble at the airport for him. But he was a twunt so I didn't mind.

Our bags didn't make the connection, with the notable exception of his empty one he'd brought to take cheap stuff home. Rather than putting it in his other bag, he'd sent it separately, just because he could. Since some of his luggage had arrived he got zero compensation whilst the rest of us got £100 for our trouble.
                  I've spent a lot of time there, all over. As well as the religious and regional division there you obviously have the caste system.
                  Our mealy mouthed liberals wouldn't know they have been born if they spent decent amount of time there
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time there, all over. As well as the religious and regional division there you obviously have the caste system.
                    Our mealy mouthed liberals wouldn't know they have been born if they spent decent amount of time there
                    Their caste systems are actually alive in the UK but you wouldn't know that living in an all white area.

Very amusing to find Sikhs not talking to each other because of their caste system.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X